According to the Content Marketing Institute’s 2013 B2B Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets and Trends report, 64 percent of B2B marketers say they are challenged with producing enough content. This is a challenge that can be overcome easily with the right strategy and plan in place.
Jay-ZContent production can be outsourced. However, leveraging your internal employees may produce the best results. Here are nine ways to get your internal employees contributing expert, problem-solving content on a regular basis:
1. Culture – Establish a culture that embraces blog writing. Bestow the secondary title of online brand correspondent to all employees.
2. Training – Provide adequate training and share best practices.
3. Software – Use one of the many SaaS solutions to submit, manage and publish blog posts.
4. Goals – Establish clear analytical goals for metrics like traffic and conversions.
“If you’re havin’ marketing problems I feel bad for you son. I’ve got 99 problems, but content marketing ain’t one.”
5. Mentorship – Encourage your best bloggers to mentor and coach others.
6. Feedback – Share blog performance metrics with the authors so they know how they’re doing.
7. Priorities – Let staff know that creating great content consistently is a top priority company-wide.
8. Editing – Bring on a professional editor or editors responsible for quality control.
9. Awards – Don’t be afraid to recognize and reward success. Trophies and plaques are inexpensive and go a long way in helping to create excitement.
The above nine tips have been used to enlist over 65 unique employee content contributors for this blog in 2012 alone. It has led to an average of 12 new blog posts published per week and resulted in a 115% increase in organic search traffic, a 44% increase in referral traffic and a 49% increase in direct traffic – all in less than five months. Lead capture per month has more than doubled in the same time frame.
If the these numbers look desirable than it’s time to rally your company using the steps provided and start publishing more blog posts. For help with training and best practices for producing content, download our blog post optimization guide in Kindle or PDF format.
More Business articles from Business 2 Community:
- Mobile Trends in 2013 and What They Mean for Marketing
- Measuring the Success of Your Online Advertising
- What Do PPC, SEO and Content Marketing Have In Common? Keywords
- eBay vs Google Adwords: Who Really Failed?
- 10 Easy Steps to Enhance Your Personal Brand