What I am learning through this process is that it touches your entire company. It is not just a marketing idea. It is not only about technology. It is not only about processes. It literally is a new way of thinking and a move toward being competitive in a new environment. June 3, 2015
What I am currently witnessing in the industry?
- Companies are literally fighting for customer attention these days. Those most desperate are reducing prices in a big way to hold on to what little customer base they have.
- Executives are fighting politically to hang on to their jobs and staff and cannot afford to take on new projects.
- Executives are job shopping every couple of years and following the money to the next opportunity.
- Many entrepreneurs are trying to get a company started quickly and put it in a position to sell it as fast as they can.
- Many companies are growing through acquisition in order to gain more customers.
What are you doing digitally speaking? (Here is my list of items I am looking at)
- Reviewing processes – Where can we upgrade and improve
- How do we relate better to our clients – How can we improve our client service processes?
- How do we get our company message in a world of noise?
- How can we upgrade our employee’s skillsets for the future?
- How can we tap knowledge from our most experienced staff and share that across to our employee staff?
- What will our company look like in two years, five years?
It is a big undertaking to look at digital and see what it looks like for your company. The key is having the right viewpoint. I initially looked at this topic from a technology and marketing standpoint, but quickly realized there is a real human component here too. This is a lifestyle change and it will take a lot of work to make it work.
No one department or person can take this mission on by themselves. It requires a team effort and a commitment from everyone in the company to want to learn and change. The more I look closely at digital, the more I realize tht it is necessary to approach this topic from a global view and roll up the sleeves and dig into it more each da.
What does your digital strategy look like? Do you have a vision of where you want to go for you, your employees and your clients?
Picture Source: Pixabay
This article was syndicated from Business 2 Community: Where Do You Start With Respect to Digital?
More Digital & Social articles from Business 2 Community: