The year 2000 welcomed a new century of exciting possibilities and opportunities. Since then, we’ve come a long way, bringing new ideas to life to change and impact our society.
Monumental advancements in science and technology have changed the ways we look at the world, inspiring a new generation of entrepreneurs. Some of the most successful companies today stemmed from ideas that seemed impossible at the start of this century.
This infographic, compiled by MedReps.com, a job board which gives members access to the most sought after medical sales jobs and pharmaceutical sales jobs on the Web, looks at major innovations since the Millennium.
Some major breakthroughs include:
- The end of the Internet stock boom in 2000
- The rise of social media including LinkedIn in 2003, Facebook in 2004, and YouTube in 2005
- The launch of the first iPhone in 2007, followed by the first CareerBuilder job search app in 2008
- The condensing of the pharmaceutical industry from 34 large companies to just seven major players in 2010
- The release of Google Glass in 2014
Check out the full infographic below to see how far we’ve come.
What do you think? How have these advancements impacted our lives? What will the next 15 years hold?
This article was syndicated from Business 2 Community: A Look Back At The Major Innovations That Have Shaped The Millennium (Infographic)
More Digital & Social articles from Business 2 Community:
- 106 More Amazing Social Media and Marketing Statistics for 2014 and 2015
- 3 Pillars to Social Media Marketing Success.
- Fifty Shades of Social Media Marketing: How to Push Your Boundaries in 2015
- What’s The Real Value Of Social Media Engagement? And How Can It Be Measured?
- Top 5 Advantages Of Email Marketing