We’re all going through what may be the most unprecedented time of our lives. While we hope that everyone is staying safe, the impact this crisis will have on the small business sector cannot be overstated. In these times, Yahoo Small Business stands alongside entrepreneurs and small business owners and we are now offering a free Get Online package of services to provide a digital presence, website, multiple emails, and expert advice to help SMBs stay in contact with their customers and remain flexible as the marketplace shifts in response to the global pandemic.
These are essential services that Yahoo Small Business and other companies sell on monthly or annual subscriptions — and for decades they’ve provided the digital presence that companies of all sizes need to stay in touch with current customers, as well as to find new ones. But today we’re cutting the cost of these services to zero, because we know small businesses are already struggling with so many issues. We don’t want cost to be a barrier for any business that’s trying to hang on and is searching for a way to stay afloat and serve their community.
This new, free offering in response to COVID-19 provides several valuable services, including:
- Domain name registration (yourbusiness.com) with private domain registration included.
- Professional, custom business branded email with 5 email addresses.
- A website builder package with design tools and templates to help you quickly build and publish a professional website.
- A business plan creator to help you plan your next steps and potentially help with documentation you many need for SMB relief initiatives.
- A Localworks Scan to see how your business appears online in more than 70 directories and to help you decide what changes might be needed to keep customers up to speed with any changes you’re making with your business and services.
- 10 GB storage and unlimited bandwidth so you don’t need to worry about running out of digital space.
- Consultation time from a small business expert. We’ve been helping small businesses succeed for more than 20 years, and we want to share this expertise with you to be sure we’re both here working together for 20 more.
- And of course, because we are in this with you, our support representatives are available 24/7 to make sure we address any questions you may have.
This Get Online package is worth more than $120 and it’s our greatest hope that it will enable a significant number of small businesses to move online without having to worry about the cost.
Of course that’s not the end of how we’re standing alongside small business owners. Whether you’re one of our customers or not, we’re providing guides and COVID-19 information on our Resource Center to help you deal with whatever business challenges you’re facing. We have upcoming webinars, and AMA sessions and we’ll be sharing tips and success stories in our social channels. So please continue to check this space for more information and updates.
And this Get Online giveaway is just part of what Verizon is doing to support small businesses and help them deal with the COVID-19 crisis. For small business customers, Verizon is waiving late fees and overage charges, as well as working with customers facing economic hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic to avoid termination of services. Verizon is also supporting communities through a combined $20 million donation to nonprofits directed at serving students, healthcare first responders, and small businesses. To find out more about what Verizon is doing to help customers and small businesses, visit verizon.com/about/news/our-
For more information about the Yahoo Small Business free Get Online program for small businesses, visit https://smallbusiness.yahoo.