I learned a new trick! As I mentioned in my blog post last week, I recently updated my own LinkedIn profile by transferring bullets from my resume to the Experience Section of my Profile. Transferring the content was easy enough, but the formatting – not so much. By simply copying and pasting, I got a haphazard mess of text. The formatting did not translate when I pasted, including the bullet point itself. Bummer.
Unfortunately, LinkedIn does not yet offer a toolbar when you’re in Edit Mode in your Profile, so I was unable to insert a bullet point through their editor. I tried using asterisks, but it wasn’t a strong enough symbol, visually. What to do…what to do….
But you guys know that this story has a happy ending because I’ve already told you that I learned a new trick!
In order to insert a bullet point in to your LinkedIn profile, there is a simple code that translates to the symbol of a bullet point when you save and exit out of Edit Mode:
The string of characters that you see above actually creates a bullet point in your LinkedIn profile.
Now, let me show you.
- Start by clicking on the pencil icon within your LinkedIn profile, wherever you would like to add bullet points. This allows you to enter Edit Mode for that section.
- Type “” (without the quotation marks) in the spot where you want your bullet point to go.
- Hit your Space Bar once in order to put a space between the bullet point and the beginning of the text.
- Continue listing all items in this way until you’ve completed your list of bulleted text, like this:
- Click “Save.”
Clicking Save allows you to exit Edit Mode. It will also transition that code to a set of bullet points, like the example below:
Exciting, right? At this point, you can simply sit back and admire your handiwork. You’ve learned something new today! Well done!
This article was syndicated from Business 2 Community: How To Add Bullet Points To Your LinkedIn Profile
More Digital & Social articles from Business 2 Community:
- 106 More Amazing Social Media and Marketing Statistics for 2014 and 2015
- What’s The Real Value Of Social Media Engagement? And How Can It Be Measured?
- 3 Pillars to Social Media Marketing Success.
- 10 Ways to Generate Leads From Your Website [Infographic]
- The Power of Twitter: 3 Communications Tips for Social Open Innovation