- Because your intern is young and grew up on Social Sites does not mean they know what they are doing in the world of Social Marketing.
- Because your receptionist/assistant/office manager has a bit of extra time in her day it does not mean she should be in charge of your business’ Social Marketing.
- Social Media Marketing requires knowledge, experience and creativity to work right.
- Because your expertise is your business not Social Media, just because you are the boss does not mean you know how to do everything (nor should you “do” everything.)
- It is frustrating to keep up with all the changes to the platforms and it takes a lot of time.
- Marketing with Social Media is more than just posting an update or tweeting.
- Because # is not just an abbreviation for a unit of measure.
- Because your teen-age nephew is not an expert just because he uses SnapChat.
- People use Twitter for more than just following Dancing with the Stars #DWTS.
10. Because you will not learn Social Media Marketing from a book.
11. It’s more than just sharing cat photos or funny baby gifs.
12. You need to have the time to check for comments and questions and actually respond to them.
13. Because when you do not know what you are doing, you don’t do it right and then you think it doesn’t work and you miss an important marketing opportunity.
Social media has become an integral part of most businesses, and running a successful campaign now takes a tightly defined strategy, best developed by a Social Media Marketer. These professionals keep current with the rules; they also understand what to post, when to post and how often to post. When done correctly, status updates are more than random posts and funny cartoons, they are carefully crafted content that not only gets seen and shared by friends of the page, but also helps companies improve their search engine rank, leading viewers to the company’s website – where the actual selling takes place.
This article was syndicated from Business 2 Community: 13 Reasons You Need To Hire A Social Media Manager
More Digital & Social articles from Business 2 Community: