Are you generating quantifiable leads from social media? There are thousands of companies leveraging platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Most spend majority of their time creating and posting content on a daily basis. Others may place a large focus on increasing followers. After working for a social media management company, I’ve learned that while both are very important, they do not often directly translate into leads. In this blog post, you will learn 5 actionable ways to take people from social media and convert them into leads. Here they are:
1) Get Your Brand in Front of People Who Need It
The most direct way to generate leads on social media is to promote your product directly to people
who need it. I strongly believe that if you connect a good product to the right audience, it will convert.
Here are some easy ways to connect with potential buyers immediately on various platforms:
- Facebook: Leverage advertising to laser target people who have expressed “interest” in what
- you offer.
- Twitter: Use advanced twitter search to find people talking about their need for a specific
- product or service related to what you over and start conversations with them.
- Instagram: Find strong competitors, similar brands, or general social media pages that your
- target audience may follow and follow their followers.
- Pinterest: Leverage promoted pins to place your product or service on keyword-based search
- results related to your brand.
2) Create Downloadable Content to Educate Your Target Audience
Depending on your business, heavy promotions of your product or service will not always be effective if
people cannot understand the benefits of using it. For example, you can’t sell software to people who
are unable to understand how the software will help them. By creating downloadable content in
exchange for contact information, you can educate your target audience while fueling your email
marketing and sales pipeline. Some forms of downloadable content consists of:
- Short eBooks
- Cheat Sheets
If you need inspiration for downloadable content, try reading 100 content marketing examples.
3) Develop Webinars and Podcasts
Webinars and podcasts are another way to capture information from your target audience. Some people are visual learners, while others would rather jump off of a cliff before reading something. Webinars are a quick, visual, and easy way to get right to the point while providing valuable information to your target audience. Webinar marketing has grown dramatically with social media as a main driver of traffic.
4) Offer Special Promotions and Coupons
Offering special promotions and coupons is a fundamental way of generating sincere leads on social media. People love saving money on things that they need or are interested in. You can incorporate coupons into everything mentioned thus far. By including special offers in advertisements, in downloadable content, and at the end of webinars, you’ll find your target audience gravitating closer to becoming a qualified lead and future customer.
5) Social Media Contests
Lastly, social media contests and giveaways are a great way to generate leads. By giving away something of interest, you draw hundreds and thousands of relevant people to your brand. To generate leads with contests, you have to do make sure you do a few things:
- Giveaway something that people actually want, but is relevant to your business
- Make sure that you are promoting the giveaway to your target audience
- Create a barrier of entry that involves collecting their contact information
This article was syndicated from Business 2 Community: 5 Ways to Generate Leads on Social Media (That Works)
More Digital & Social articles from Business 2 Community: