If you’re ranking number 21 in Google search results, you might as well be ranking number 21,000!
As a small business owner, it’s important to know where you currently rank in Google search results. If you haven’t done so already, try searching for your products and services online including your location. You’ll have to log out of Google if you’re logged in as Google will tailor your search results around pages you visit most often.
Here are some interesting facts regarding Google search results:
1. 75% of total search traffic is directed to positions one through five in Google search results.
2. Positions six through ten in Google search results receive approximately 16% of all traffic.
3. Search results that appear on the second page of Google (results eleven through twenty) are still important as they receive the remaining 10% spread across those ten results.
Are you happy with your current Google ranking? If not, don’t despair as there are a number of ways you can work on increasing your search position. Don’t forget, search engines are not the only way that people find your website online. Other ways include:
- Facebook mentions
- YouTube searches
- Twitter shared links
- Other social sharing networks including Vimeo, flickr, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.
- Google, Bing and Yahoo are still the giants for bringing approximately 75% of traffic to your website but don’t minimize social networks, email marketing and content creation.
Updating your site with fresh, regular content such as blog posts is highly effective in search engine optimization. There is a lot of competition when it comes to landing the number one spot on Google and big businesses have spent millions of dollars on this task alone. As a small fish in a big pond, the above strategies can help you move your business up the search rankings. Don’t waste your time on businesses that promise you an “easy solution”.
A solid search engine optimization strategy takes time. You need to be in it for the long haul. It’s a lot like losing weight; a slow and steady regiment of good nutrition, exercise and strength training results in a healthy body. Fad diets that promise quick weight loss result in the weight coming back time and time again.
If you require assistance with your SEO strategy, please feel free to contact me directly at email@example.com or use the contact me form on our website. I look forward to hearing from you.
More Business articles from Business 2 Community: