Moms adopt new technologies faster than the average American.
They keep their smartphones by their side at all times to look up information on-the-go, post photos of their kids and stay connected with friends and family. They quickly transition to their tablet to shop online, browse family dinner recipes, and search for birthday party ideas. They interact with bloggers, brands, and loved ones. They check email, watch videos, and read the news. They manage their family’s calendar and keep their photo memories.
For moms, technology is a game changer.
We know that moms are highly-sought after consumers and we’re here to help brands and agencies gain insight into this valuable audience – an audience we know well. Use the information below to find out how to reach more moms who are embracing the web and mobile devices to shop and interact with brands.
Here are 11 stats and an infographic that shed some light in the life of digital moms:
- Just over half of all women online are moms. (Girlpower Marketing)
- Moms age 25-54 represent 19% of the online population. (Nielsen)
- Nearly 90% of moms have internet access. (Edison Research)
- Three out of every four (75%) of moms have wifi in their homes, compared to 60% in 2011. (Edison Research)
- 41% of moms with wifi at home have 5 or more connected devices in their homes. (Edison Research)
- 70% of moms claim that technology helps them to be better moms. (Forbes)
- The average number of email or mobile contacts in Mom’s phone is 171. (The Next Web)
- 49% of married moms would give up their engagement ring before their personal technology. (Forbes)
- A quarter of moms regard themselves as technology experts. (McCann)
- 89% of online moms say they are sharing technology experiences with their children. (McCann)
- Almost three quarters of moms think online marketers don’t understand what it’s like to be a mom. (M2Moms)
For more stats and infographics on digital moms, including how she uses social media, email, eCommerce, and more, download the free white paper.
More Business articles from Business 2 Community: