Finding an exact cost for web design and build isn’t as straightforward as you think it would be. Yes, many web design agencies have prices on their website but there are lots of discussions over this as the cost you see will more than likely just be a fraction of what it will really cost.
When deciding on a budget for your web design and build it’s very important to break it down in to parts so you can see exactly what you will be spending. Here are the parts that you should always take in to consideration before choosing a web design agency to complete your custom website…
1) First of all, simply write down the figure of your budget.
2) Next, understand exactly what it is you need and want. Write it down on paper and consider the costs for each.
3) Have a search online for your competitors and see what their websites are like. How is the design quality and content? Take notes and try to think of a plan of action that will allow you to compete against them effectively while keeping within your budget.
4) Every website needs a domain name and hosting, so have a think about which company you would like to use to host your website. There are plenty available so it shouldn’t be too hard. Some web design agencies may even offer a domain name and hosting with their packages.
5) Think about what graphics you would like on your website. The more graphics you have, the more expensive it will be, so if you’re on a tight budget, try to keep it minimal here. If you have some graphic design skills then that is great as you will be able to do some of the work yourself to save on costs.
5) Finally, have a think about how powerful your brand is and if you reckon it’s powerful enough to bring in a lot of money then it may be worth stretching your budget a bit further. Think of it as an investment and if you feel that you will be guaranteed your money back then what have you got to lose?
So there you have the steps that you should take before making any decisions. You may even want to go over these points with the web development agency you are interested in and they should be able to help you with costs.
By Sarah-Jayne Culver; a Search Consultant at http://www.fdcstudio.co.uk/ providing Digital Marketing Services throughout the UK.