Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems allow an organization to manage all the data about its customers and the details around their ongoing relationship and engagement with them. This helps the employees from these organizations to efficiently identify and address a customers needs with existing products/services.
CRM offers universities the opportunity to build and maintain relationships with their students, a task which is essential for schools. Educational institutions are constantly pitted against each other in a battle to capture a students’ attention and it’s in their primary interest to engage with the students and share valuable information about their university. It is very important for universities to differentiate themselves from their competitors and this involves sharing information with students on how the school can empower them and position them for success in the future.
But universities also need to retain and be able to track the past interactions with their students. In a complex, multi-faceted environment where student interactions are often forgotten, CRM allows universities to centralize their communication and engagement with an important audience. CRM systems provide universities numerous benefits and allow them to target various groups simultaneously:
Improve Communication Efforts
CRM systems allow universities to communicate with a variety of audiences efficiently, and this allows them to strengthen their relationships with these different stakeholders. With the use of CRM systems schools can:
- Distribute information to parents about program information or student achievements
- Centralize student information and make it readily accessible across various departments
- Improve cross channel communications and target their audience more efficiently
Support Recruiting Initiatives and Increase Student Retention
Universities need to attract prospective students and more importantly have to retain current students. With a good CRM strategy schools can:
- Target new and current students, and track their interactions with the university
- Measure department and student performance
- Create, manage and track events, and analyze various marketing initiatives
Manage Relationships with Alumni and Donors
Universities are constantly involved in fundraising events and need to boost contributions by building long-lasting relationships with their donors and alumni:
- Centralize donor information and catalog past interactions with them
- Automate communications with donors and keep them updated on the performance of their students and programs
- Analyze fundraising events and identify/implement trends that boost contributions
Manage Administrative and Faculty Activities
Universities contain a variety of departments and keeping track of various activities can be difficult. With CRM, schools can manage a large variety of tasks and also empower their staff by allowing them to make more informed decisions.
- Gather and manage information about various operations including transportation, food services, etc.
- Monitor a department’s performance and help facilitate important decisions that can be beneficial to them
- Faculty and departmental information can be digitalized and efficiently managed with a CRM system
- Empower their faculty with mobile features that allow them to access student information and educational resources
CRM allows universities to centralize and efficiently manage all their information. Especially with the growth in cloud-based solutions, CRM users can access this functionality from anywhere at anytime. A cloud-based CRM solution allows schools to save time by eliminating the need for the universities to install, manage and support the CRM system. Instead, the faculty and staff can spend their time in using the application to manage their interactions, make informed decisions that help them better manage their day-to-day activities with their students and other stakeholders.
CRM systems provide the ability for an university to build relationships with prospective students, meet the needs of existing students and maintain the ongoing relationships with the alumni which is a key necessity for schools. CRM not only helps universities achieve these goals, but also coordinates them in a efficient and timely manner.
More Business articles from Business 2 Community: