Everyone has a Facebook and Twitter account, but not everyone is on LinkedIn… but they should be!
For anyone who doesn’t already know, LinkedIn.com is just like other social networks but it’s more focused towards the jobs market and allowing you to build an online resume and make important business connections and references through their site. With millions of users already active on their site, LinkedIn has also become an excellent way to enhance your brand and reputation online.
One of the best ways to take advantage of LinkedIn is to make sure you have a killer profile that not only shows you are on their social network, but that you know how to pool together all of your best resources and information in one spot. LinkedIn is currently used by a ton of companies and brands, especially when it comes to recruiting and hiring new employees.
Here’s ten quick tips on how to create a perfect profile on LinkedIn.
- Your name should only contain your name.
- Your headline should be catchy and have keywords you want to be found for.
- Photo should always be professionally taken.
- Reach at least 501 connections for social proof and extending network.
- Add relevant contact info.
- Customize your website names with terms that attract your target market rather than putting your company name.
- Customize your profile URL.
- Update your status daily with content that provides value to your target market.
- Use keywords you want to be found for throughout your summary and profile.
- Write in the first person – this is not your resume or CV.
Thanks to TopDogSocialMedia.com for the infographic.
More Social articles from Business 2 Community: