Black Hat SEO Techniques You Should Avoid
Black Hat SEO techniques are those techniques that are used in attempt to gain higher search engine rankings using manners that are unethical. Black hat SEO techniques will do one or more of the following:
- Break search engine rules and regulations
- Create a poor user experience
- Present content in an unethical manner by visual and non-visual manners to trick search engines and search engine spiders
Believe it or not, black hat SEO techniques were once legitimate. But, as often happens, people went overboard and changed the way that things took place on the web. Now these techniques are highly frowned upon by those within the SEO world, especially King Google. Choosing to use Black hat optimization techniques on your website will certainly result in search engines penalizing you. It is even possible to get de-indexed from the rankings. Black hat optimization is considered spam, and though it may work for short-term results, the end results are not those that you will appreciate.
Black Hat SEO Techniques to Avoid
There are several black hat search engine optimization techniques being used that you should avoid. Those techniques include;
- Keyword Stuffing: Websites depend on keyword rich content to help them rank within a search engine, however, packing tons of keywords into useless content is not the way to get those rankings. There are density suggestions in place for search engine optimization and it is in your best interest to abide by those suggestions.
- Doorway Pages: A doorway page is a fake page that the user will never actually see. Upon clicking the doorway page you are directed to something entirely different, many times a spammy offer that could cause you damage in one way or another.
- Invisible Text: Invisible text techniques use white keywords on a white background that can be saw only by the search engines.
- Link Farming: Certainly not the type of crop that you want to grow. Link Farming is a group of web pages that all link back to every other page in the group.
Get the Real Deal SEO
Search Engine Optimization isn’t the easiest thing in the world, but one thing is for certain- it is well worth it when the results come pouring in. Using black hat SEO techniques may get you to the top quickly and without all of the effort, but remember, this will only pay off for short term success, and in the end will get your site thrown out of the books completely. Take the time to do SEO right and it will pay off for your success.
More Social articles from Business 2 Community: