The Yahoo Small Business services and products (the "Services") are provided by Aabaco Small Business, LLC and its subsidiaries (the "Company") primarily to help fuel the growth and success of businesses on the Internet.
This policy applies only to the Company and covers how we treat the Personal Information we collect through interaction with our sites, apps, products, and services. Personal Information is information about You that identifies You or your device personally, like Your full name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available, but is not business contact information. The Company’s sites, products and services may not be used by children under the age of 13.
- This policy does not override any elements of the terms directly established with the Company's customers or partners, including the Terms of Service. Capitalized terms not defined herein have the meanings set forth in the Terms of Service.
- The Company’s customers operate their own businesses, with their own websites, with or without the technical assistance of the Company, and all of their data collection and use is governed by their own privacy policies.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that the Company does not own or control, or to people that the Company does not employ or manage.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
The Company collects Personal Information when You register with the Company; when You interact with the Company's sites, apps, products, development tools, marketing programs, or services, and pages of the Company's customers and some partners; when You sign-up for a newsletter or when You enter a promotion or sweepstakes. The Company may combine information about You that we have with information we obtain from customers or partners, publicly available information, or other companies.
When You register or provide additional account information we may ask for information such as Your full name, company name, email address, birth date, gender, phone number, mobile phone number, address, credit card number, business type, industry, and other details. When You register with the Company and use our sites, products, or services, You are not anonymous to us.
The Company collects information about Your transactions with us, our customers, and with some of our partners, including information about Your use of products and services that we offer.
The Company automatically receives and records information from Your computer and browser, including Your IP Address, the Company's cookies and other device information, software and hardware attributes, and the page You requested.
The Company uses information for the following general purposes: to customize Your experiences, content, and advertising with us, our customers and some of our partners; fulfill Your requests for products and services; improve our services; provide recommendations; contact You; conduct research; and provide reporting for our customers, internal purposes and partners.
When you register and provide your contact information, You will be given the option to consent to receive marketing calls, text messages, and emails from the Company and others calling, texting, or emailing on its behalf, including but not limited to, calls and text messages made with an autodialer or prerecorded voice, at the telephone number(s) that You provide. Such calls, text messages, and emails may include, for example, marketing messages, password reminders, authentication messages, account- or service-related alerts and reminders, customer service communications, satisfaction surveys, and other types of calls and text messages. You may not opt-out of receiving these communications for purposes of communications regarding Your account, Services, and the security of Your account. You may change your preferences by signing in to Your account and going to Your "Profile."
Your Personal Information may be transferred outside of the country in which You reside for processing and storage. As a result it could be subject to access by government agencies in those countries.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
The Company does not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about You with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services You've requested, when we have Your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- Service Providers, Contractors, and Agents: We provide information to partners who work on behalf of or with the Company under confidentiality agreements. These companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- Co-Branded Partners: The Company may provide some services in partnership with others under a co-branded experience. In these situations both companies may be collecting information about You so please see the privacy links available within the experience to learn more. For example, Business Mail is provided in partnership with Oath.
- Legal Process: We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Security & Fraud: We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of the Terms of Service , or as otherwise required by law.
- Merger & Acquisition: We transfer information about You if the Company is acquired by or merged with another company.
The Company enters partnerships with third parties to provide or augment some of its sites, products, and services. In some cases, these partners may collect information about Your interaction with that page, product, or service subject to their own privacy policies. The Company may display targeted advertisements based on Your Personal Information or partner with companies who provide similar services. Advertisers (including the companies assisting them in the delivery of an ad) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria—for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area. To learn more about Your choices with respect to interest-based advertising, including opting out, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative. The Company does not support the Do Not Track standard.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
- The Company may set and access cookies on Your computer. We may also set and access device identifiers which could include IP address, user agent information (browser version, OS type and version), device provided identifiers, or computed identifiers. Once You log into a Service on Your device, the Company may link that device to Your account to provide a more personalized experience, independent of Your device settings.
- We use tools such as cookies to provide services to you, and for advertising purposes. Some of these cookies are essential, while others help us to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used. When you first access our site, you will be presented with choices related to cookies, and you may opt out of all cookies except cookies that are essential to your experience on our site.
- Performance cookies: These include usage preferences cookies, which are activated when you make certain choices on our sites and remember settings preferences, permitting us to tailor services we provide to you, and analytical cookies, which allow us to recognize and measure your use of our sites, compile a record of this usage information and help us improve and develop the way our sites work. The information generated by the cookie about the use of the website will normally be stored on a server in the USA. However, if you are located within the EU or the European Economic Area, your IP address may be shortened beforehand. In exceptional cases only, your full address will be transmitted to a server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the Company, these service providers will use this information for the purpose of compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. The IP address transmitted from your browser will not be associated with any other data held by such providers. You may prevent web usage data (including your IP address) generated by the cookie from being transmitted for this purpose and processed there if you download and install a browser plugin. You can opt out of these types of cookies by going to Manage Your Cookies on the Profile page.
- Advertising cookies: These allow us (or third parties) to monitor your behavior on certain of our sites. This information is used to (a) ensure that we highlight products and services in a focused and relevant manner for example via advertisements on certain of our websites or through advertisements on third party websites, or (b) monitor the effectiveness of our digital marketing campaigns. You can opt out of advertising cookies by going to Manage Your Cookies on the Profile page.
What types of cookies do we use?
The Company may use web beacons, small segments of code that run on a web page, APIs (application programming interfaces) or SDKs (software development kits) within mobile apps, to access the Company’s cookies and device identifiers inside and outside our network of websites and in connection with the Services.
YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION
You can edit or deactivate Your account at any time. Domain registration may continue through Your current term unless You take steps to transfer to another provider. Certain technologies and development tools may continue to collect information until You remove them.
You may receive product update communications, calls, text messages, emails, newsletters and other communications about or related to the Services. You will have the opportunity to opt out of marketing related and optional communications by clicking on unsubscribe links or by following unsubscribe instructions. We reserve the right to send You certain communications relating to the Services, such as service announcements, that are considered part of the Services and Your account, without offering You the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We limit access to Personal Information about You to employees, contractors, or service providers who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to You or in order to do their jobs.
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect Personal Information about You.
QUESTION AND SUGGESTIONS
If You have questions, suggestions, or wish to make a complaint, You can contact us at:
Aabaco Small Business, LLC
701 First Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Effective date: May 18, 2018