- How to Create a Super Strong Password (Infographic) Entrepreneur
- Attention Nonprofits: 5 Secrets to Attract Donors Entrepreneur
- Crowdfunding Live: How One Spark Ignites Ideas Entrepreneur
- Jobs, Not Obamacare, Are Helping the Uninsured Entrepreneur
- Like It or Not, 'Pizza Cake' Could Soon Be a Thing Entrepreneur
BP oil spill
When a BP oil well began gushing crude into the Gulf of Mexico four years ago, fisherman George Barisich used his boat to help clean up the millions of gallons that spewed in what would become the worst offshore spill in U.S. history.
Like so many Gulf Coast residents who pitched in after the April 20, 2010, explosion of the Deepwater Horizon rig, Barisich was motivated by a desire to help and a need to make money — the oil had destroyed his livelihood.
Some 33,000 people, including Barisich, are participating in a massive federal study that aims to determine any short or possible long-term health effects related to the spill. (AP)