Writing Information Technology Objectives for a ResumeResumes vary according to the field in which you, the job seeker, want to apply and even the company in which you have the interest to work with. As you might know, the first,and in many ways, the most important part of your resume will be your resume objective statement, it’ll be the reason why potential employers will take interest on your resume or discard it at a glance.
Whether might be the position in which you want to work, engineer, developer, scientist, analystor researcher, you need to distinguish the difference between a standard professional resume and one related to information technology field. In the case of Information technology resumes, you need to highlight the technologies where you possess an expertise. However, it’s obvious that you cannot add all those technologies in the short objective, but you can consider the most relevant, the rest of the information can be included on a specific section of the resume.
The introduction to your resume is critical. You need to grab the attention of a hiring manager and make the right impression.
Tips for IT resume objectives statements
- Statements should be concise, clear, and focusing in the job position you want to apply considering a relation to the skills you have that would contribute with the job.
- Avoid cliché phrases; try to be original on your objective.
- You can add your objective if possible, or any other interest in the IT field.
- Your objective statement must focus on the benefits you can give to the company you’re applying.
- If you’re applying for different technology job positions, you need to rewrite the objective statement for each one of them.
- We recommend you to include some specific words to your skills, such as: methodical, articulate, dedicated, self-directed, mediator, precise, team worker, reliable, leader and more; those are keywords that help to introduce yourself as a prepared person for an IT job in your personality.
IT resumes objective examples
- In the following example we can see detailed the interests of the job seeker.
To obtain a full-time position in the field of information technology with an emphasis on technology integration; special interests include software design, consulting, systems analysis, and GIS.
- In the example we can see detailed the interests of the job seeker and a relation of the skills to the benefit for the company.
To obtain a position in a leading information technology group that utilizes my skills as consistent troubleshooter with great attention to detail.
- Besides the objective, the following statement includes some tasks and jobs the job seeker is interested.
I am interested in obtaining a development position, in a challenging environment that focuses on the applications of technology to enterprise knowledge management, distributed computing, e-Business, and system engineering and design.
- In the following example, we can see a short statement that focuses in the job position.
To obtain an Information Technology or Graphic Design position specifically dealing with web development and design, usability, and/or consulting.
Remember that to write a good objective statement you must analyze carefully what is the purpose of the Statement, so you will write the objective correctly.
More Business articles from Business 2 Community:
- Having An Internet Marketing Plan Is Like Having A Facsimile Machine 15 Years Ago
- 9 Reasons QR Codes are Bad for Your Brand
- A Quick Guide to Use Labels the Right Way for Your Business
- Does Buying Google Adwords Help Your Rankings?
- Human Resource Payroll—Tip-Top Managing for People Who Manage the Company