While the industries may be different, the discussion is rather poignant — utilizing SMS in business for leads is essentially much the same as dealing with a personal relationship.
Lead management software group Leads360 has put together a visual graphic that makes the correlation that using text messages when interfacing with customers isn’t much different than using text messaging to interface in your love life. The visual utilizes data from a Leads360 report titled Text Messaging for Better Sales Conversion.
While social media platforms may boast millions of users, the idea that an estimated 9.6 trillion text messages were sent worldwide in 2012 identifies a communication medium that marketer’s simply cannot ignore. The study notes that text message conversion gains for businesses are as high as 328 percent when used appropriately:
Why SMS Marketing is Like Texting a Significant Other
Infographic by Leads360
More Social articles from Business 2 Community:
- 5 Ways Marketers Can Use Twitter’s Vine App to Drive Social Media ROI
- Why Google+ Is Making ‘Authorship’ a Must for Your Brand
- Getting Social: The DOs and DON'Ts of Social Media Marketing
- Is Social Media Ready for Valentine’s Day?
- What Does Your Valentine's Day Gift Say About Your Relationship?