Mobile marketing has incredible reach and a huge user base, giving it massive potential. Why? Today more than ever, people are reliant on mobile devices for communicating by voice, text and email, buying and downloading, entertainment and searching information. In fact, mobile search is expected to overtake desktop search within the next year!
Is Your Website Optimized for Mobile Platforms?
If you are trying to market to mobile users, you need to consider the importance of creating entertaining and quality content that can be easily enjoyed on smartphones or tablets. Also ensure that your website is easy to view and navigate when accessed on mobile devices. In other words, ensure you have optimized your website for emails, forms, and CTAs/ads to be viewed correctly and/or downloaded by users.
Does your website use Responsive Web Design (RWD) for users to view and navigate when accessed on mobile devices? RWD is preparing your web content to provide the best possible user experience for all devices: desktop, laptop, tablet and smartphone. A RWD website can serve all users and help you to maximize the results from any online or inbound marketing tactics. Is Your Website Optimized for Mobile Platforms?
Your organization probably has a branding strategy, which hopefully is supported by an online content-based strategy. If you expect your audience to appreciate your brand and message, they have to be able to access and propely navigate your website.
Below are some interesting mobile device facts recently reported by HubSpot.
- There are 6.8 billion people on the planet – 4 billion of them use a mobile phone
- 91% of adults have their mobile devices within arm’s reach 24/7
- 25% of Americans use only mobile phones to access the Internet
- Brands using SMS to reach customers connect with 95% of all smartphone and non-smartphone users
- 9/10 mobile searches lead to action - over ½ lead to a purchase
- Ads trgeted to mobile devices perform 4-5 times better than online ads (awareness, purchase intent)
- 74% of smartphone users use their phone to help with shopping (79% of these make a purchase)
- Mobile coupons receive 10 times higher redemption rates than print coupons
- 81% of smartphone users have done product research via smartphone and 50% have made a purchase
- 73% of smartphone users said they used the Mobile Web to shop rather than an app
- 50% have scanned QR codes and 18% have made a purchase afterwards
- 95% of smartphone users looked up local information (ot these, 61% called and 59% visited)
- 87% of app downloaders have used deal-of-the-day websites like Groupon, WagJag or Living Social
Do you have a RWD website? Do you market to our customers through mobile devices/tablets by other methods (apps, coupons, text messages, etc.)?
More Business articles from Business 2 Community: