Finding hidden talent in our country has been made easy by the proliferation of reality shows. Be it talent finding in any creative field, the television has its bunch of reality shows. One such reality show that attracted me long back was Indian Idol, the Indian version of American Idol. Sony India, the channel that showcases the show brings a new element to the reality show by embarking on a search for young voices. The platform opens its doors for the first time to the young talents of the country aged between 5-15 years as Indian Idol Junior, reports BestMediaInfo.
Indian idol junior web auditions
Sony has got India’s leading female playback singer and performer Shreya Ghoshal along with the ace music director duo Vishal Dadlani and Shekhar Ravjiani to scout and judge some of the best talents. Mandira Bedi and Karan Wahi would be hosting the show and motivating the young talent to give their best performances.
The hunt has already started and the audition will happen across four main locations – 1) Kolkata 2) Delhi 3) Chandigarh and 4) Mumbai. To encourage participation from across the country Sony has provided four different ways – 1) SMS 2) IVR 3) Online and 4) Indian Idol App. For a detailed description on the four options you can click here.
The web or online auditions are happening on the Indian Idol portal. You can log in via Facebook to upload your video or go the email way. My suggestion would be go via the Facebook login if you want your friends and family to see it and get a better reach for your video. Uploading of video is pretty simple, fill in the required personal details and finally you would be asked to upload a video of yours. Some of the conditions that you should keep in mind before you submit the video –
1. The video size should not be more than 30 MB
2. The video should be any of the following format .avi/mpeg/mp4/.flv/.3gp/.wmv/Mov
3. Submitted video should not be older than 2 months.
4. Submitted video should have you singing without any instruments and digitally edited videos won’t be entertained.
5. The video would be judged by the creative team and the panel of judges at Sony.
6. The auditions of Kolkata and Delhi are over. So right now the last two audition centers, Chandigarh and Mumbai are open for you to try your luck.
There are some more guidelines in the T&C section but it is humanly not possible for someone to keep on scrolling and read the complete T&C. Furthermore, on the portal you can check out the videos that have been uploaded by other contestants and trending videos along with your video.
The reality show has also started creating buzz on social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. The networks are having latest updates about the auditions. So if you are interested then you can follow them and be updated. However it would have been great if the Facebook page had an app for uploading audition videos.
Nevertheless, good luck to the contestants and who knows India might get its future singing superstars through Indian Idol Junior.
More Social articles from Business 2 Community:
- 4 Things You Should Stop Asking Your Social Media Manager
- The 5 Worst Stereotypes About Social Media Managers
- Everything You Need to Know About LinkedIn Company Pages.
- Social Media Marketing Strategies for Engaging Customers
- By Making Storytelling Relevant Again, Social Media Has Forever Changed Marketing