When building a personal brand we can miss the mark on creating greater visibility online. One way to achieve this is through great content marketing. This strategy not only opens the door to subscribers, but it also builds credibility. Blogging is not a new concept, and the power of creating content your audience that search engines will love is still an important part of a winning marketing strategy.
The starting point for your articles should begin with a targeted message that reflects the mission of your brand. Your community has questions and needs, and how you respond to these is vital for building relationships. Professional content depends on offering something that is helpful and original, including great images and videos in the mix.
In what ways can your brand attract new visitors with content? Through offering tips, tools, how-to information, to name a few in addition to knowing the desires of your target market.
Blogging for your personal brand is a process cultivated over time, and consists of a combination of quality articles that you can offer to people as a trusted source. Cross promotion on social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Pinterest, and LinkedIn will also help draw more attention.
How to build a great content marketing strategy
There are several steps you can take when publishing the ‘sticky’ content for your personal brand.
• Create a consistent pattern – It is important to eliminate any confusion about who your brand represents by publishing content that matches your niche and values. Anything outside of what you are offering could cause your message to fall flat, and not be taken seriously.
• Research topics – Search for ideas that have already been covered in your market, and then create your brand’s own original spin. This could even include a product or service that is unique to your brand, with questions and answers that have not been addressed. This can even provide new ideas for more content later on.
• Create a variety of content – Text articles are great, and images and videos are even better. Readers are especially drawn to infographics, which can easily be created from previously published articles.
• Get a team of writers together – Your brand does not have to create all of these winning ideas alone. Consider tapping into freelance resources or PLR firms to help give give your blogging a boost. Just make sure you use PLR for ideas and be sure to re-write the content.
Taking the time to build your personal brand’s content marketing strategy will not only create a more trusted, and reputable persona, but also opens the door for new opportunities, and greater visibility which eventually will lead your company to more conversions.
This article was syndicated from Business 2 Community: Top Tips on How Content Marketing Can Help Your Personal Brand
More Sales & Marketing articles from Business 2 Community:
- 5 Ways to Improve Your Customers’ Experiences in 2015
- Crap Content Is Dead. Long Live Quality!
- How to Have a Successful Marketing Automation Implementation
- 5 Ways to Reboot Your Content Strategy in 2015
- 5 Loyalty Lessons From The Biggest Customer Experience Headlines In 2014