The Internet has a very significant impact on how marketing is performed in this highly developed and connected world. Modern marketing is moving away from traditional push marketing and is being replaced by more cost-effective inbound marketing tactics like Search Engine Optimization (SEO) that can drive highly targeted audiences to your websites – most of which can be potential customers.
Quick snapshot on the 8 SEO trends this coming 2015:
1. Content Continues to Rule them All – When Penguin was initially released, several websites were thrown out by the new algorithm. Penguin was released as another weapon Google is using to combat spam, poor quality and black-hat link building techniques that violates the search engine’s link guidelines. Creating quality content that is very good, factual, and actually useful to your targeted readers is the only way to go these days.
2. Social Signals Will Become Even More Important for SEO (controversial) – Correlation studies from third parties like Searchmetrics’ SEO Ranking Factors of 2014 report placed social signals as second to content as a top ranking factor – and this will continue to be the case in 2015.
3. The Rise of Security as a Ranking Signal – Google confirmed that they are already considering https as a ranking factor. So if you have a budget, technical capability to implement full https to your site then you can do this.
4. Mobile Friendly SEO – Aside from content and security, mobile user experience is rumored to be another important ranking factor in Google’s search engine algorithm. This is not too farfetched as it may seem now that mobile Internet has already surpassed desktop Internet in 2014 and will practically create a big impact for SEO in 2015.
5. Increased Focus on Conversational Keyword Phrases – When Google rolled out its Hummingbird update back in 2013, it officially opened the door to semantic search. This serves as a level up to search algorithms trying to interpret the meaning and intent of the words used in a search query instead of merely matching keywords.
6. Brand Mentions Takes Center Stage in Link Building – Links building is still a very important factor for SEO in 2015. What changed however is how search engines interpret backlinks. Now, search engines focus more on the content of the pages from where the backlinks were generated, taking into consideration the relevance and social popularity of the source content. It will even take into consideration brand mentions, which are basically relevant information the source website is discussing about your brand or website and does not necessarily require a hyperlink.
7. Visual Based SEO – High quality original content that contain visual media elements like video, graphics and images are high performing assets that are top ranking SEO factors for 2014 and will continue to do so in 2015 and in the coming years.
8. Bye Keyword Rankings…. Hello ROI… – Finally, SEO in 2015 will switch its primary focus from mere keyword rankings and focus on more important elements that would impact your ROI greatly. Ranking number one won’t matter if it does not translate to conversions and eventually sales.
Want more? Then view the infographic below!
Embedded from CJG Digital Marketing.
This article was syndicated from Business 2 Community: Top 8 SEO Trends to Watch Out this 2015 [Infographic]
More Digital & Social articles from Business 2 Community: