Last week I attended the Global Leadership Summit, in which there were thirteen amazing speakers, including Jim Collins, Brene Brown, and Horst Schulze to name a few. It was two days of drinking from a firehose of amazing insight, data, and information. I am a self-taught entrepreneur and a student for life and this conference filled me up. It will take me months to process it all.
I have already come to one conclusion not mentioned at all during the conference: Good leaders close more sales! As the driving force in your business, you wear so many hats – CEO, CFO, COO, CMO (not to mention mom, dad, husband, wife, etc.). Here are 5 reasons why I believe that even when it’s “just you,” you need to lead well to sell more:
- Inspiration is contagious…people want to buy from people who love what they do. Leaders must get clear on their “white hot why” as Bill Hybels said (a little Simon Sinek on steroids). It’s an emotional connection and it’s incredibly powerful – it closes more sales.
- Leaders don’t quit – Jim Collins talks about reframing failure as growth in pursuit of a BHAG (big hairy audacious goal). The grit it takes to be a good leader closes more sales.
- Great leaders are humble servants – They don’t see themselves as above or below anyone. They do what they do to make the world a better place – in fact, they create processes for caring (Horst Schulze). Prospects and customers who feel cared for buy more.
- Leaders “do” fear well. The pathway to your greatest potential is through your greatest fear (Craig Groeschel). I’ve said this before; some of my greatest breakthroughs came right after my most uncomfortable moments. Make the cold calls and do the scary presentations – you will sell more.
- Enduring leaders pivot between leading and learning. Liz Wiseman writes about this in her book “Rookie Smarts.” Embrace curiosity, you’ll sell more.
As Horst said, “Leaders have forfeited the right to make excuses.” Take that – empowering & painful all at the same time! The bottom line is – leaders change lives. How can that NOT sell more??
Stay tuned …
P.S. If you find yourself making excuses and not hitting your numbers…consider the next round of our Earn More Program.
This article was syndicated from Business 2 Community: Good Leaders Close More Sales
More Business & Finance articles from Business 2 Community: