Keynotopia transforms Keynote and PowerPoint into the best rapid prototyping tools for building mobile, web, and desktop app mockups.
Ever have an awesome idea for an iPhone app but don’t have the graphic design skills to build a good mockup to show off to potential partners? Go check out Keynotopia.com. The site offers users templates consisting of thousands of vector user interface components that let app developers to just drag and drop components to form a mockup of their app.
Multiple templates are available across different platforms, and all templates sell for US $9, although you get discounts if you buy them in bundles. Besides iPhone and iPad templates, Keynotopia also makes templates for Windows, Mac OS X, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7, and Facebook apps.
Suitable for non technical users
It is the biggest collection of user interface design templates for wireframing, prototyping and testing mobile and web apps in 30 minutes or less leveraging Apple Keynote or Microsoft PowerPoint. No coding skills or design background is needed. There exists a repository of over 2,000 user interface components for creating interactive prototypes of web and mobile apps using Apple Keynote, Microsoft PowerPoint, or OpenOffice Impress.
- Entrepreneurs use Keynotopia to prototype and validate their ideas, to demonstrate them to users and to investors, and to outsource them to offshore development teams.
- Designers use Keynotopia to create winning client proposals, and to get consensus from managers and team members for their ideas and design directions.
- Product Managers use Keynotopia to create interactive product requirements to share with their teams, without having to write long specification documents.
- Teachers use Keynotopia in the classroom to teach non-technical students how to visualize and test their ideas, without needing to learn how to design or code.
- Design User Interface Screens without dealing with colors, pixels or layers
First you can create a new slide for each of your app screens. Next copy elements from Keynotopia templates and paste them into your slides to create a fantastic looking user interface in minutes. Design elegant user interfaces without messing with pixels, layers or colors. Just copy interface elements from a Keynotopia library onto your slides to create your UI screens.
- Customize and edit UI components without requiring additional design tools
All components are vector shapes designed from scratch in Keynote and PowerPoint. You can edit labels, change colors and resize the UI components without leaving your presentation tool.
- Create User Interaction and Animations In No Time, Without Writing Code
Make your prototype interactive by adding hyperlinks between screens so that users can click and tap to navigate them. Then use built-in slide transitions and builds to animate the interface.
- Export and Test Your Prototypes on Mobile Devices, Without Doing Any Extra Work
Export the slides as clickable PDF, then dispatch the presentation to your favorite device. Test it with users as if it were a functional prototype, and share it to your team to get feedback.
- Annotate and Share Prototypes With Your Team, Instead of Long Specifications Documents
Add comments and slide notes to annotate your interface, then share it via email, DropBox, or upload the prototype to iWork.com for free to get feedback and iterate on your designs.
- Transform your wireframes and mockups into high fidelity designs virtually instantly
Instead of re-creating your design from a wireframe, just apply high fidelity styles from Keynotopia templates onto your wireframe to transform it into high fidelity screen designs in no time.
- Use Your Prototype Screens in Your Final App and Save On Production Expenses
Keynotopia templates include thousands of pixel perfect royalty free vector components and icons created in Keynote and PowerPoint that you can use directly in your final apps.
Don’t throw away your prototype when you’re done with it. Instead, export your final prototype screens as PNG images and open them in Photoshop or Fireworks for production. You can also copy components and icons from Keynote or PowerPoint, and paste them directly into your favorite design tool.
- All prototyping bundles for Apple Keynote, Microsoft PowerPoint, and OpenOffice Impress.
Components are designed from scratch in each presentation tool, and are fully editable and customizable without needing additional applications. Keynotopia includes components for prototyping iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows mobile, BlackBerry, Web, Facebook, OSX, and Windows 7 apps. New components are added regularly, and all updates are free forever. Keynotopia is used by thousands of designers and developers worldwide.
Keynotopia contains over 10,000 vector user interface components designed in Keynote, PowerPoint and OpenOffice. It is used by thousands of designers, entrepreneurs, program managers, developers, and teachers in over 80 countries. And they have become the design and prototyping tool of choice at Fortune 500 companies, start-up incubators, design agencies, and universities.
Do you know any mobile app developers or entrepreneurs who can benefit from this product? Make sure you share this blog post with them. Just use the social sharing buttons or copy the link and email it to them.
This article was syndicated from Business 2 Community: How To Make An App Prototype In 3 Hours
More Technology & Innovation articles from Business 2 Community: