If you aren’t doing it already, you should think seriously about focusing your marketing efforts on LinkedIn. Social media marketing is an extremely important aspect of your marketing strategy. Of course, there are many differences between the various marketing approaches, including the financial aspect. However, when it comes to marketing with LinkedIn, you will need to spend time and effort but there will be relatively less cost than with traditional marketing.
Using LinkedIn for your marketing efforts
There are many effective, amazing social media channels that you may be able to take advantage of; however, when it comes to using social media for your business, LinkedIn is probably the one that will give you the best advantages. Of course, that is assuming that you have decided to go with inbound marketing. You may not be aware of all that LinkedIn has to offer but if you take a little time to educate yourself about all of its features, you will begin to realize how amazing it can be for your business. It can definitely help to bring your business to the next level much more quickly than you would be able to do without it. In addition to all of LinkedIn’s wonderful features, it is also a fabulous marketing tool and it is well worth considering seriously for your business.
- How to begin: Many people in the business world understand (in theory) that they should take advantage of LinkedIn for their business. However, just as many people don’t make good on that promise to themselves and actually use it for all that it’s worth. Marketing through LinkedIn may seem challenging at first; however, it starts to get easier rather quickly and before you know it, you will be wondering what you did before you started using LinkedIn. So, it is time to start, right now.
- Establish a healthy pace for your business: In life and in business, it not a good idea to go too fast or too slow. In fact, you are better off starting slow and then working your way up to going faster but you should be careful not to pick up speed too quickly. If you go too fast before you are ready, the result may not be favorable.
- Offer something useful: When it comes to updating your LinkedIn status, make sure that you share something useful (each and every time) for your LinkedIn connections. Of course, you have that same right to want the same thing from your connections and, hopefully, they won’t disappoint you. You should also remember that there is nothing wrong (and everything right) with making those status updates interesting and even humorous, if appropriate.
- Avoid giving anyone the “hard sell”: The last thing that most people are interested in is being sold by another person. When it comes to interacting online through LinkedIn (or any of your other online interactions), your only immediate concern should be adding value and sharing content that is interesting, educational, and compelling. The bottom line is that you are interacting in order to establish and build relationships with other people. Everything else that you are after (including eventually selling your products and/or services) will follow and you will achieve everything that you set out to accomplish. You just need to be patient.
- Give the relationship the proper time to grow: Again, remember that your goal is to share valuable information with the other person. If you continually do that, you will build trust, credibility, and a true connection with the other person. Those are the building blocks of the relationship. No matter what, you need to remember not to try to sell your offerings too soon. If you do, the other person will know it and it may make him or her turn away from you. That is the last thing that you want or need.
- Put yourself out there: As you are establishing relationships, it is important to make a point of being as available as the other person needs you to be. That will establish your position with that person. When they need what you offer, you will be the first person he or she turns to. That puts you in an extremely valuable position.
- Keep it professional: When it comes to LinkedIn, it is important that you remember that you are interacting for professional reasons only. It is very important for your credibility that you don’t put anything of a social or personal nature on LinkedIn, with the exception of wishing your LinkedIn connections a happy birthday or congratulating that person on a work anniversary. That includes graphic images as well.
LinkedIn has much potential and you can market your brand successfully and easily. Once you get started, you won’t remember a time when you didn’t market (and become an extremely adept marketer, at that) on LinkedIn. The many useful features of LinkedIn are sitting, waiting for you to use them to enhance your business. Just like all of the social media channels, LinkedIn is all about people and it gives you an opportunity to establish enduring, valuable relationships with other people. One of your many goals has to do with increasing traffic so that you can become more and more successful and LinkedIn will help you to get there.
We are pleased to provide you with the insightful comments contained herein. For a complimentary assessment of your online presence, let’s have coffee.
This article was syndicated from Business 2 Community: How to Become a Marketing Master on LinkedIn
More Digital & Social articles from Business 2 Community:
- Has Social Media Replaced Traditional Forms Of Marketing?
- 5 Tips To Help You Achieve More With Social Media Marketing
- The Evolution of Lifecycle Marketing [Infographic]
- Be More Competitive By Nurturing Big Data (Infographic)
- 5 Digital Marketing Tips You Can Do In 5 Minutes Or Less To Improve Your Business