We have compiled a selection of free tools that are designed to help your SMB adapt to the restrictions that come with social distancing.
- Yahoo Small Business | Get Online Free for a Year
- Verizon | Small Business Webinar Series
- Womply | Fast-track your Paycheck Protection loan
- Kabbage | Free Online Gift Certificate Creation
- NAV | CARES Act SBA Loan Calculator
- Loom | Cash Runway Scenario Planning Tool
- Google | Free Advanced Hangouts / Video Conferencing
- Nextdoor | Free Business Page
- PandaDoc | Free Legally Binding e-Signatures
- Kangaroo | Free (for three months) Security Camera and Monitoring Kits
- Moonlighting | Free Access to Business Profile & Hiring
- Meero Photography Solutions | Transfer up to 10 Gigabytes with 3 Months of Validity
- Atlassian | Free Cloud-based Jira, Confluence, Jira Service Desk and Jira Core
- Salesforce | Free for 90 Days, Care Solution for Employee and Customer Support
- 1Password | Free for 6 months, Enterprise Password Manager
- SEMRUSH | Free Social Media and Lead Generation Tools
- SANS | Security Awareness “Securely Working from Home” Deployment Kit
- REV | Free, Unlimited Call Recorder App
- Lucidchart | Free Account with Library and Templates
- 1800Accountant | Free Help to Navigate the Cares Act
- ClientBooks | 30-days Free
- Microsoft | Free Office 365
- Cloudfare | Free Cloud Platform
- Bill.com | Run Payable and Receivables Remotely
- Breezy HR | Free Video Interviews & Assessments
- Slack | Free Upgrade for 3 Months
- Okta | Free for Non-Profits
- Box and OneSpan | Free Tools for Farmers
- Emsisoft and Coveware | Ransomware Protection
- ShareAble for Hires by TransUnion | 20% Off Background Checks
- Fingerprint for Success | Quiz: What’s your remote team communication style?
- Small Business Administration (SBA)| All Small Mentor-Protégé program
- PerfectServe | Free Communication Software and Services
- My Own Business Institute (MOBI) | Online Certification Courses
- Khan Academy | Entrepreneurship Interviews
- Curogram | Virtual Clinic Communication Platform
- JAMA Network | Free Continuing Medical Education (CME)
- Starbucks | Free Coffee for Health Care Workers
- Stewart Leadership | Free On-Demand Webinars to Build Leadership and Teams
- RetailNext | Free Tool to Measure Occupancy Levels
Yahoo Small Business | Get Online Free for a Year
This free offering in response to COVID-19 provides several valuable services, including:
- Domain name registration (yourbusiness .com) with private domain registration included.
- Professional, custom business branded email with 5 email addresses.
- A website builder package with design tools and templates to help you quickly build and publish a professional website.
- A business plan creator to help you plan your next steps and potentially help with documentation you many need for SMB relief initiatives.
- A Localworks Scan to see how your business appears online in more than 70 directories and to help you decide what changes might be needed to keep customers up to speed with any changes you’re making with your business and services.
- 10 GB storage and unlimited bandwidth so you don’t need to worry about running out of digital space.
- Consultation time from a small business expert. We’ve been helping small businesses succeed for more than 20 years, and we want to share this expertise with you to be sure we’re both here working together for 20 more.
- And of course, because we are in this with you, our support representatives are available 24/7 to make sure we address any questions you may have.
This Get Online package is worth more than $120 and it’s our greatest hope that it will continue to enable thousands more small businesses to move online without having to worry about the cost.
Verizon | Small Business Webinar Series
Verizon’s webinars are educational, and their experts provide valuable tips and information that can help you grow your business.
Next up in the Small Business Webinar Series, host Julie Hyman speaks with the Deputy Director of the SBA of New Jersey, John Blackstock, to hear updates about federal coronavirus stimulus programs.
Womply | Fast-track your Paycheck Protection loan
We know it’s complicated, but Womply has already helped thousands of businesses and accountants with their PPP applications. They’ll help you apply fast with an SBA-Certified lender that’s ready to fund you now, not next month.
You already know the government is offering forgivable loans of up to $10m per business entity under the Paycheck Protection Program. But did you know you need a private lender? Or that every lender has to give you the same terms? Or that most lenders won’t be ready to give you money for weeks?
Want help? Please feel free to reach Womply at email@example.com and they will be happy to assist you. Applying through Womply is completely free.
Kabbage | Free Online Gift Certificate Creation
Launched last week, www.helpsmallbusiness.com is empowering over 300 U.S. small businesses to sell online gift certificates to generate critical revenue during this national economic slowdown.
Similarly, as Kabbage will not profit from this effort, partners have also pledged their own commitments to spread the word of www.helpsmallbusiness.com and aid small businesses through this difficult period:
In minutes, small businesses in the U.S. can sign up to offer online gift certificates, making it easy to connect entrepreneurs with the support of consumers across the nation.
Here’s how it works:
- Create a free account through Kabbage Payments and get a unique URL you can use to offer online gift certificates.
- You can share your URL on your website, through social media and in other communications. We’ll also offer consumers the ability to search for businesses by industry or location.
- When a consumer purchases a gift certificate, funds from the sale will be deposited into your bank account the next business day,1 providing you another form of revenue during this extraordinary time.
- You can provide the goods or services immediately or in the future, depending on what’s best for you and your customers.
This is one more way we hope to best support you during this challenging time. If you have questions about the initiative, visit www.helpsmallbusiness.com or email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nav | CARES Act SBA Loan Calculator
Nav is the free, modern way for business owners to manage their business credit and get streamlined access to financing. In response to C-19 they have launched a CARES Act SBA Loan Calculator that small businesses can use to navigate all of the new legislation and fast track their SBA COVID loan application with minimum headache.
Loom | Cash runway scenario planning tool
The business profitability and cash flow forecasting app launched a cash runway scenario planning tool that helps small business owners gauge the impact COVID-19 could have on their companies.
Google | Free Advanced Hangouts / Video Conferencing
Google is giving free access to their advanced Hangouts Meet video-conferencing capabilities to help businesses and schools stay connected in response to Coronavirus
“Starting this week, we will begin rolling out free access to our advanced Hangouts Meet video-conferencing capabilities to all G Suite and G Suite for Education customers globally including:
- Larger meetings, for up to 250 participants per call
- Live streaming for up to 100,000 viewers within a domain
- The ability to record meetings and save them to Google Drive
These features are typically available in the Enterprise edition of G Suite and in G Suite Enterprise for Education, and will be available at no additional cost to all customers until July 1, 2020. If you need help getting started, please visit our learning center page or follow the instructions outlined in our message to G Suite admins.”
Nextdoor | Free Business Page
Businesses can create a free business page on Nextdoor to showcase their services to verified neighbors in the area. This includes basic information like their address, contact info, and recently launched products. They also have the ability to promote that they offer pickup and delivery and are encouraged to showcase their gift card and fundraising links as well. In addition to the free business page offerings, there is the option for businesses to create a “Local Deal” that they can message directly to the neighbors that they serve.
PandaDoc | Free legally binding e-signatures
The document automation software for small and medium-sized businesses has launched a Free eSign plan to keep business doors open and deals coming in.
Free eSign gives companies the following capabilities, for unlimited users and for free of charge:
- Unlimited document uploads – Upload and send as many documents for eSignature as you’d like.
- Unlimited eSignatures – Collect an unlimited number of safe, secure, and legally binding electronic signatures.
- Payment processing – Accept a credit card, PayPal, or ACH payment the moment your doc is signed.
Kangaroo | Free (for three months) security camera and monitoring kits
To support business owners who are unable to be physically present at their offices: The security startup is offering free (for three months) security camera and monitoring kits.
Moonlighting | Free Access to Business Profile & Hiring
Moonlighting, a leading independent worker-focused platform and tools provider, announced in response to the impact Coronavirus is having on workers and businesses across the country, its services are now available free of charge until further notice.
Moonlighting helps small businesses to promote their local or remote services and quickly hire temp or part-time staff to keep their business growing during this difficult time. These tools include:
- Free business profile and unlimited service listings
- Zero commission fees on jobs completed through Moonlighting
- Unlimited access to Moonlighting’s business tools including proposals, invoices, and mobile payments
- Searchable access to nearly 800,000 freelance and part-time workers actively seeking employment
- Unlimited FREE job postings
Meero Photography Solutions| Transfer up to 10 Gigabytes with 3 months of validity
In order to facilitate the remote working required by the recent developments of COVID-19 worldwide, Meero is increasing the storage capacity and validity duration of files shared via MeeroDrop, with up to 10 Gigabytes and 3 months of validity, features typically only available in the advanced version of the website.
Atlassian | Free Cloud-based Jira, Confluence, Jira Service Desk and Jira Core
The company has also launched a remote work hub where business teams can find resources like access to third-party integrations and advice on staying productive.
Salesforce | Free for 90 Days, Care Solution for Employee and Customer Support
In challenging times, customers have urgent questions, and your teams need additional guidance. Salesforce wants to help you meet the increasing needs of your customers and employees with our new Salesforce Care Solution for Employee and Customer Support, free for 90 days.
Salesforce’s pre-configured solution helps you quickly:
- Launch self-service help centers with built-in FAQs and case management
- Launch a crisis communications page to keep customers and suppliers informed
- Give agents one, omni-channel workspace for handling cases
- Update and alert employees and customers with SMS notifications
- Provide support with AI-powered bots across Chat, SMS, Facebook Messenger, and WhatsApp*
- Deliver digital learning to skillup your employees at home with myTrailhead
Salesforce also has a dedicated Covid-19 Business Resource Center with solutions and content to help support your employees, customers, and community’s needs during this time.
1Password | Free for 6 Months, Enterprise Password Manager
1Password are big proponents of remote work, but adjusting to it can be a challenge, especially when the decision to close offices is made quickly. They’ve learned a lot about working remotely over the past 14 years, and have shared some of their top tips to help those struggling to do so effectively.
The hardest part of working remotely is doing so securely. They built 1Password Business to help you do exactly that. 1Password is removing the 30-day trial period on 1Password Business so companies can start keeping their teams secure without getting finance involved.
Sign up for 1Password Business today and get your first 6 months free.
SEMRUSH | Free Social Media and Lead Generation Tools
SEMrush is offering free access to its social media and lead generation products.
This includes their Social Media Toolkit, enabling companies to track competition, edit images and bulk schedule social media posts.
It also includes Oppty, a lead generation and prospecting solution for digital marketing agencies and freelancers.
And SEMrush Academy which has free Academy courses that show life hacks and workflows for using the tools as well as teaching digital marketing fundamentals.
SANS | Security Awareness “Securely Working from Home” Deployment Kit
SANS Security Awareness wants to do whatever it can to help companies, employees and families best secure remote working and learning environments. That is why they have released the SANS Security Awareness Work-From-Home Deployment Kit, which offers a wide variety of SANS public resources and paid training materials at no cost.
From a comprehensive step-by-step guide on how to implement a remote security initiative across the organization to quick tips, videos and newsletters for individuals and families, the SANS Security Awareness Work-from-Home Deployment Kit covers everything you need to know to protect your business and your family.
REV | Free, Unlimited Call Recorder App
Record and transcribe any calls – both outgoing & incoming. Perfect for phone interviews and business calls.
Lucidchart | Free Account with Library and Templates
Free single user account with access to Lucidchart introductory library and basic templates. Lucidchart is the ultimate online collaboration platform where teams can share, collaborate, visualize complex concepts and save their work in real-time. Accelerate understanding and drive innovation with powerful diagramming, whiteboarding, and data visualization.
1800Accountant | Free Help Navigating the Cares Act
1800Accountant will prepare and file your Small Business Disaster Loan application. The recently passed $2.2 trillion CARES Act includes the Disaster Loan Program through the Small Business Administration (SBA). Businesses impacted by the coronavirus pandemic can apply for low-interest small business disaster loans of up to $2 million that could potentially be forgivable. It’s a complicated process, but they can help. Talk to an accountant today to find out if you qualify for federal disaster assistance. They will document your losses, maximize your tax benefits and get you the relief you’re entitled to.
ClientBooks | 30-days Free
Starting a new business can be challenging. ClientBooks by 1-800Accountant can help you stay up-to-date with your finances and bookkeeping, connecting your business bank account and credit cards, invoicing, reporting and more. You’re backed by a team of bookkeeping professionals when questions come up. Start your free 30-day trial today!
Microsoft | Free Office 365
New in March 2020, a free 6-month Office 365 E1 Trial, including Microsoft Teams, is now available. Microsoft is making this special E1 Trial license available in response to the increased need for employees to work from home (WFH) in response to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak.
Cloudfare | Free Cloud Platform
Cloudflare is offering Cloudflare for Teams seats at no cost for small businesses through September 1. There is no commitment to continue using the product after September 1.
Cloudflare’s global cloud platform delivers a range of network services to businesses of all sizes around the world—making them more secure while enhancing the performance and reliability of their critical Internet properties. Cloudflare protects and accelerates more than 26 million Internet properties today.
Bill.com | Run Payable and Receivables Remotely
Bill.com is extending an offer to businesses that are experiencing a significant decline in revenue as a result of COVID-19. New customers can get a free three-month subscription to Bill.com to run payables and receivables remotely.
Breezy HR | Free Video Interviews & Assessments
Slack | Free Upgrade for 3 Months
Slack is supporting all nonprofits and other organizations carrying out critical relief efforts during this time with free access to a Slack paid plan for three months.
Paid plan features help support the work you do:
- An unlimited message archive to let you see and search all your conversations
- Unlimited app integrations to bring the tools you use every day right into Slack, like Google Docs or Zoom
- Group calls with screen sharing for easy productivity
- Guest accounts to work with people outside your team, like contractors or clients
- Shared channels to collaborate in Slack with other organizations
Okta | Free for Non-Profits
Okta knows that in your organization, every dollar matters. That’s why they are proud to offer 25 free licenses for Okta IT products and preferential pricing for additional licenses and products, making the leading identity service even more accessible.
At Okta for Good, we’re also on a mission: to strengthen the connections between people, technology, and community. We’ve taken the 1% Pledge and committed our time, product, and equity to giving back.
Box and OneSpan | Free Tools for Farmers
Box, a cloud-based document management site, and OneSpan, an eSignature solution, are providing free tools for farmers and agricultural producers who work USDA programs. These resources support workers across several programs by allowing them to complete various reporting requirements without having to go to a USDA Service Center.
Emsisoft and Coveware | Ransomware Protection
A partnership between malware protection providers Emsisoft and Coveware offers free help to healthcare providers and hospitals who have been impacted by ransomware. Services include analysis, development of encryption tools and, if necessary, negotiation services to recover data.
ShareAble for Hires by TransUnion | 20% Off Background Checks
Fingerprint for Success | Quiz: What’s your remote team communication style?
Discover the four pillars of your remote communication style with science-based insights for smoother team communication.
Small Business Administration (SBA)| All Small Mentor-Protégé program
PerfectServe | Free Communication Software and Services
My Own Business Institute (MOBI) | Online Certification Courses
Khan Academy | Entrepreneurship Interviews
Curogram | Virtual Clinic Communication Platform
JAMA Network | Free Continuing Medical Education (CME)
Starbucks | Free Coffee for Health Care Workers
Stewart Leadership | Free On-Demand Webinars to Build Leadership and Teams
RetailNext | Free Tool to Measure Occupancy Levels
Stay safe and remain strong in this turbulent time. And remember to check back on this article for updates as details of the above guidance and resources change.
If you have additions that you would like to see on our page please send them to email@example.com.