by Kushagra Shrivastava – Managing Director, Verizon
In April, when Yahoo Small Business launched our free Get Online offer to help small businesses, we had no idea how popular the initiative would become or how long the need would last. We were probably wildly optimistic when we planned to end the offer mid-2020. But we’ve since seen thousands of small businesses take advantage of this package of valuable services and the need today is as great as it was several months ago.
So we are extending the offer through the end of 2020. These continue to be unprecedented times and we stand alongside entrepreneurs and small business owners with this free Get Online package of services to provide a digital presence, website, multiple emails, and expert advice to help SMBs stay in contact with their customers and remain flexible as the marketplace shifts in response to the global pandemic.
These are essential services that Yahoo Small Business and other companies sell on monthly or annual subscriptions — and for decades they’ve provided the digital presence that companies of all sizes need to stay in touch with current customers, as well as to find new ones. But today we’re cutting the cost of these services to zero, because we know small businesses are already struggling with so many issues. We don’t want cost to be a barrier for any business that’s trying to hang on and is searching for a way to stay afloat and serve their community.
This free offering in response to COVID-19 provides several valuable services, including:
- Domain name registration (yourbusiness .com) with private domain registration included.
- Professional, custom business branded email with 5 email addresses.
- A website builder package with design tools and templates to help you quickly build and publish a professional website.
- A business plan creator to help you plan your next steps and potentially help with documentation you many need for SMB relief initiatives.
- A Localworks Scan to see how your business appears online in more than 70 directories and to help you decide what changes might be needed to keep customers up to speed with any changes you’re making with your business and services.
- 10 GB storage and unlimited bandwidth so you don’t need to worry about running out of digital space.
- Consultation time from a small business expert. We’ve been helping small businesses succeed for more than 20 years, and we want to share this expertise with you to be sure we’re both here working together for 20 more.
- And of course, because we are in this with you, our support representatives are available 24/7 to make sure we address any questions you may have.
This Get Online package is worth more than $120 and it’s our greatest hope that it will continue to enable thousands more small businesses to move online without having to worry about the cost.
Of course that’s not the end of how we’re standing alongside small business owners. Whether you’re one of our customers or not, we’re providing guides and COVID-19 information on our Resource Center to help you deal with whatever business challenges you’re facing. We have upcoming webinars, and AMA sessions and we’ll be sharing tips and success stories in our social channels. So please continue to check this space for more information and updates.
For more information about the Yahoo Small Business free Get Online program for small businesses, visit https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/businessmaker/payitforward.