Everyone knows the Best Places to Work list which is released every year. If you look at that list, we mainly see tech companies like Google or Microsoft and then we see the big consulting firms like Accenture or PWC. However, sometimes we can also come across with companies we have never even heard of. Did you ever wonder what these companies have in common? What do they do to be a great place to work? Read below to find out.
- Offer Training Programs: Many of the Best Places to Work companies offer on average 73 hours of on-the-job training per year. This increases skills and talents of employees. As a result, employees become more productive at work raising revenues. Also, employees feel that they are being valued by their employer so their commitment rises.
- Clear Mission And Vision: All of the Best Places to Work companies have clear visions and missions. They know where they are at now and where they want to be in the future. They set goals to achieve their visions and clearly communicate these goals to their employees via newsletters or meetings.
- Provide A Career Path: Best Places to Work companies offer their employees programs to advance in their careers. These programs include a clear career path, international or domestic job rotation or mentorship. As a result of these programs, employees get motivated and are able to set goals for promotion. Also, these companies clearly explain the duties of their employees, what is expected from them and how they can climb the career ladder. Thus, this helps the employees have a clear understanding of their roles within the company and motivate them to move forward.
- Adapting To Change: Best Places to Work companies are good at adapting change according to their customers’ needs as well as new technology. They monitor customer needs, their competitors and the new technology. As a result, they give the right tools to their employees because they want them to do their jobs properly.
- Time-Off: Most of the Best Places to Work Companies give their employees more than two-weeks paid vacation. In fact, some companies recently adapted unlimited vacation time policies (of course, this depends on some circumstances). There are also some companies who adapted a 4-day work week schedule. This schedule gives more time to employees to handle their personal lives and run their errands.
What do you think companies need to do to be a great place to work? You can share your ideas below in the comments section.
This article was syndicated from Business 2 Community: What Do Best Places To Work Have In Common?
More Business & Finance articles from Business 2 Community: