As businesses follow the wider market and become ever more mobile in their technology and operations, it becomes increasingly important to find mobileversions of business apps and even brand new apps designed for mobile devices. That’s why it is worth paying attention to the Tabby Awards where the focus is on business, unlike most mobile apps awards where more attention is paid to consumers and gaming.
The Tabby Awards /Business, considers productivity tablet apps on all major platforms (iOS, Android and Windows 8) and results are announced as part of the TabTimes TabletBiz conference & expo. Here are the 18 winning apps:
- Best Collaboration app: Fuze for iPad (iOS), by FuzeBox (USA)
- Best Communications app: ClickMeeting Videoconferencing (iOS), by Implix (Poland)
- Best Creation and Design app: Concepts: Smarter Sketching (iOS), by TopHatch (USA)
- Best Data Access and Collection app: Citrix ShareFile (iOS), by Citrix (USA)
- Best Education and Training app: Curious (iOS), by Curious.com (USA)
- Best Finance app: Kashoo (iOS), by Kashoo (Canada)
- Bst Government, Institution and Public Service app: AsdeqDocs (iOS), by AsdeqDocs (Australia)
- Best Healthcare and Pharmaceutical app: SAP EMR Unwired (Windows 8), by SAP (USA)
- Best In-the-field app: AutoCAD 360 (Android and iOS), by Autodesk (USA)
- Best Intelligence, Information and Reference app: MicroStrategy Mobile (iOS), by MicroStrategy Mobile (USA)
- Best IT or Business Tool app: tibbr (iOS), by Tibco (USA)
- Best Marketing app: Tecan Cavro Omni Robot Configurator (iOS), by Kaon Interactive (USA)
- Best Presentation app: SlideShark (iOS), by Brainshark (USA)
- Best Productivity app: SlideShark (iOS), by Brainshark (USA)
- Best Retail app: Revel Systems iPad POS (iOS), by Revel Systems (USA)
- Best Sales app: The Proposal (iOS), by Ascend Studios (USA)
- Best Business Products and Services app: Cubetto (iOS), by Semture (Germany)
- Best Consumer Products and Services app: SAP Retail Execution (Android), by SAP (USA)
The full list of winners and finalists, with links to download each app, is available at TabbyAwards.com/business/winners2013
These apps were selected from over 100 submissions by more than 20 tablet app developers and mobile experts. "I have been been extremely impressed by the work from all of the finalists, and it has been a challenge to select the winners amongst so many great apps," said Milind Gadekar, chair of the judging panel and CEO of CloudOn. "As tablets continue to bridge our personal and professional lives, these applications are increasingly important and it is encouraging to see such focus on helping today's workforce stay productive."
It’s worth noting that these are still relatively early days yet for business tablet apps and that the pace of change is still extremely fast. Next year’sawards will likely see an additional step up in numbers and quality.