As someone who has spent the best part of their career working with small and medium-sized business and start-ups, I’ve never let the concept of zero or limited marketing budget worry me.
Over the years, I’ve discovered there are many things you can do to market your business for free that can drive significant results.
I’ve personally found some of these tactics so effective, that I’ve kept pushing out the free marketing campaigns long after the problem of a limited budget has gone away.
Something for Nothing – Six of the Best
- Blogging: Getting your corporate blog in shape should be your number one priority when building your business. Your marketing budget might be limited but your experience is priceless. Your blog allows you to share your experience with the wider world and will provide a central hub to hang all your other free or low-cost marketing strategies on.
- Co-Marketing: Add reach to your blogging activities by sharing content with other marketers (often referred to as guest blogging). BoostSuite provides an excellent free service, helping connect you with industry peers and swap content with relevant, non-competitive sites.
- PR: Getting your name in the media can really get things moving. HARO provides a free email service, helping you to connect with journalists and bloggers who are seeking new and interesting stories.
- Networking: You wouldn’t believe how much income I generate by simply hanging out and sharing tips in LinkedIn Groups. You’d be crazy to ignore this free opportunity.
- Targeted Follows: Build your social media audience by strategically following and engaging with people who follow your competitors and other high-profile individuals in your industry. Drive traffic back to your blog with timely and engaging posts to your favorite social networks (I personally find Twitter and LinkedIn far more effective than Facebook, although this will depend on the nature of your business).
- Email Marketing: Many email marketing service providers offer a free trial or limited freemium service. Email still delivers the highest return on investment than any other marketing technique. Even if your list is small, the right time to start email marketing is now.
This article was syndicated from Business 2 Community: 6 Free Marketing Ideas For Your Small Business To Try Today
More Business & Finance articles from Business 2 Community: