How do ambitious female entrepreneurs grow their businesses? These 28 amazing resources will give you the support that you’ve been looking for. Here’s how to get serious about business success.
If you’re a woman looking to get into the world of business, now is the perfect time! There are thousands of organizations, grants, educational institutions and legal sources that focus exclusively on helping women like you get ahead as an entrepreneur.
According to Fundera, there are 12.3 million women-owned businesses in the United States. That’s 114% more women entrepreneurs than 20 years ago! The businesses that tend to flourish are the ones that find a support network, and a way to keep growing.
To help you achieve the ultimate state of consistent business expansion, here are 28 valuable resources that you can explore to find the network you need to succeed.
Government Programs and Grants
- The US Small Business Administration (SBA) – A useful government-run resource website that offers you training, access to funding and loan programs.
- Local Women’s Business Centers and Small Business Development Centers – There are hundreds of local chapters sponsored by the SBA all over America. Find your chapter and you’ll find many other female entrepreneurs in your area. Then take advantage of their services!
- Grants.gov – Offers business grants to small business owners of any gender.
Private, Corporate and Professional Programs and Grants
- Grantsforwomen.org – A useful directory of foundations and organizations that provide grants for women entrepreneurs.
- The Open Meadows Foundation – This foundation focuses on small business grants for women-led companies that promote economic, racial and gender justice for women and girls.
- The Cartier Women’s Initiative – Grants of up to $100,000 for women-led entrepreneurs who have early-stage, for-profit companies and who seek business funding for their ideas.
- The Girlboss Foundation Grant – Gives creative women grants of up to $15,000 to fund their projects.
- The Eileen Fisher Women-Owned Business Grant Program – Provides grants of up to $10,000 to 10 female entrepreneurs who focus on sustainability in business.
- The Amber Grant – Run by WomensNet, this is a popular grant that celebrates entrepreneurship in women and has been listed as one of the best grants that can be won by small businesses.
Professional Organizations and Networks
- The Women’s Business Development Center (WBDC) – This organization exists to provide free business resources and support to female business owners.
- SCORE (Women’s Business Resource Center) – A mentoring and education-based center for your small business, these services are free and include webinars, courses, events and networking.
- The National Women’s Business Council – An advisory board to Congress and the President, this site is a good place to find quality finance, business and legal resources.
- The Women’s Business Network – A popular, diverse network for women that has many chapters and will give you the chance to meet a lot of new people, while learning, collaborating and thriving.
- Sheownsit.com – A fun, highly rated blog created for women in business that are constantly searching, learning and discovering new things.
- Fate Foundation’s MSMEHub.org – A great pool of entrepreneurial and legal resources for the growing startup business.
- ForbesWomen – Part of Forbes.com award winning leadership education, this is one blog worth following with a wide array of experienced, savvy voices in your corner.
- The Center for Women & Enterprise – A widely used resource website with excellent courses, advice, opportunities for business loans, and information on starting a business.
- Women on Business – A candid and relevant website for female entrepreneurs who are dedicated to business success, and want consistently good advice.
Conference and Event Opportunities
- Women in Tech Conferences – Browse an extensive list of tech conferences designed for female business owners, innovators and creatives.
- Woman-owned Business Conferences – Another list of conferences that spans the tech, fashion, startup and music scene. These are the hottest conferences around.
- 100 Female Entrepreneurs – An organization that reaches many cities, helps mentor women and creates fun events that inspire learning and growth.
- The Women’s Funding Network – An enormous network of women who provide everything from networking, to funding opportunities, workshops, grants, events and of course membership.
- The Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) – This organization is first and foremost a membership network for women, a business certifier and a resource center.
- The National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) – Join one of the biggest membership networks created for a woman-owned business, and gain access to an enormous network of people.
- Pathway Women’s Business Center (Pathway WBC) – Become a part of this partially government-funded business center, and take advantage of workshops, resources, events and more.
- The American Business Women’s Association – When you’re part of this network, you’ll gain career connections by the dozen, with events, scholarships and an amazing community.
- Ladies Who Launch – Part organization, part support group, this non-profit platform for women entrepreneurs is vocal, social and full of amazing resources for your company.
- Successful Female Entrepreneurs Facebook Group – This is where you can chat casually to other woman-owned business people, swap stories and hear valuable advice for free.
These 28 top-tier resources help female entrepreneurs find their tribe, fund their ideas and grow them into something big!