While children are most excited about Halloween, it’s also one of the most exciting times of the year for many businesses as well. Some businesses are built on the concept of Halloween and they will make all of their money during September and October ad the billion dollar holiday continues to thrive and grow bigger year after year.
One of the biggest reasons why Halloween can make so much money for so many different companies year after year is because of the never ending supply of Halloween costumes. Every year new celebrities, trends and movies come out with inspire new costume ideas that everyone wants to have.
Throw in the massive amount of money being spent on Halloween costume and party accessories and there just seems to be an endless supply of opportunities for web sites and businesses to cash in.
Let’s take a look at the infographic below and see some of the Halloween and Celebration Statistics for 2013.
How Adults Plan on Celebrating Halloween:
- 38% will take their children out for trick or treating
- 50% will decorate their homes
- 53% will carve a fun pumpkin
- 79% will participate in handing out candy
- 61% will dress up in costume
- 42% intend to throw a party
Halloween sales for costumes, candy and decorations have increased more than 35% over the last 5 years!
In addition to the $1.9 billion that is spent on adult costumes, another $520 is spent on animal costumes and $1.3 billion on kids costumes!
2013 Halloween Costumes Statistics (Infographic)
Thanks to SuperHeroCostumesHQ.com for the infographic.
More Social articles from Business 2 Community:
- Organizing Your Social Media Marketing
- Manage Your Marketing: Handling a Crisis
- Linked In to Social Prospecting
- Get A Pulse: The Best Social Media Metrics To Track For Your Brand
- The Brain and The Stomach, Two Minds of a Subject