We choose the topic of website design because a lot of people now want to create their website and go to different companies or individuals to get their website done in order to get an online presence.
Unfortunately, a big amount of these people are not technical and the website design companies or individuals take advantage of the situation and do a poor job. Or, they will overcharge them for the work that they will do.
In this article we will share with you some tips when it comes to choosing the right company or individual for your website design project.
Website Design Agency Tips
- Before approaching a company or individual about your new website do some preparation from your side in regards to the content that you want to have on your website and also identify your target market.
- The pricing of a website should be between €400 – €2000 depending on what are your requirements. Sometimes the price can be more than €2000.
- Always take offers from 3-4 website design companies in order to compare them (the cheapest offer or the more expensive offer is not always the best).
- Take a look on their website and if they have website design packages available. This shows that they are honest and transparent and it can give a good idea of what to expect from them.
- Ask for samples of their work.
- Always demand that your website has a content management system (CMS) so that in the future you can change your content easily by yourself.
- Do not always pick the lowest financial offer.
- You should look at other factors than just getting your website being designed and looking nice. Those factors include hosting, SEO, security, support, and maintenance. All these factors should be included in the offer you will receive from a website design company.
- Don’t worry if the specific website design company or individual are not based in the same country/city as you. You can do all the communication via phone/Skype/Google Hangouts.
- Never choose an agency that they will offshore your website design project to someone else (many website design companies offshore their project to teams in India or other countries).
- An average website design projects take 2-3 weeks to be completed if the content (pictures/text) is provided beforehand. If they tell you that they need 2+ months then it means that the work is not done locally, but in fact they are using an offshore team to develop your website (usually in India, USA, China, Bulgaria….).
- Once the project starts for your new website make sure to have weekly meetings with them in order to inspect how the progress is going on. This will help you understand if the work is truly done by them or if they have offshored your project due to a lack of technical expertise.
- Make the effort to go to their offices and meet face-to-face. This will help you understand a lot about them.
Overall, be careful when selecting your website design company or individual.
This article was syndicated from Business 2 Community: 13 Tips For Choosing The Right Website Design Agency
More Business & Finance articles from Business 2 Community: