Did you know that nearly 87% of Facebook’s monthly active users visited from mobile devices last quarter? That’s 1.25 billion people. Unsurprisingly, mobile now accounts for 73% of Facebook ad revenue.
As consumers continue their shift to mobile, savvy advertisers are upping their game with captivating mobile Page Post ads. However, there’s always room for improvement, and we’re here with six creative best practices to help you make the most out of this mobile ad type.
1. Limit your ad copy message to a maximum of two lines. This makes your ads easier to read, and improves their effectiveness.
2. Say more with less. Keep your link names concise. If they get too long, they’ll be truncated and could potentially look sloppy.
3. Test ads without descriptions or CTA buttons. Mobile means smaller screens and smaller ads, so there’s not a ton of room for copy. Play around with eliminating the CTA or description to get more real estate and achieve a very clean look.
4. Test out text overlay on your images. According to Facebook’s policies, your ad images can’t include more than 20% text. So don’t go overboard! Instead, opt for brief but larger text to catch more eyeballs as users swipe through their News Feed.
5. Use camera-aware subjects in your photos. Photos of people looking into the camera make users stop and take notice. Notice the difference between the two ads below. In addition, avoid photos that look too staged or like generic stock photography, as these can come off as corny or inauthentic.
6. Put it all together. The ad below takes advantages of almost all our tips so far. In addition, it provides a preview of the app so users know what to expect and how the UI will look. If you use this tactic, make sure the type of phone shown matches the type you’re targeting on your ads.
Bonus tip: Try mobile video ads. More than 75% of global video views on Facebook occur on mobile. Advertisers are already reporting strong results; so, video ad types are definitely worth a try.
This article was syndicated from Business 2 Community: 6 Creative Best Practices for Mobile Page Post Ads
More Digital & Social articles from Business 2 Community:
- How Important Is User Experience? 9 Things You Need To Know About UX
- Monday Tips: Do You Know About These Latest Social Media Tools?
- 8 Strategic Steps to Improve Digital Marketing Results (Infographic)
- Become an Industry Thought Leader With Twitter Chats
- Reviewing Your Website: 12 Components of a Website Critique