Launched into the Social world in 2010, Pinterest became the fastest growing Social Network at the time. Today Pinterest has maintained its popularity and is at the top of the Social Network hierarchy.
At last count, Pinterest has over 70 million users and has become an important tool in Social Media Marketing.
Pinterest relies on visual content to grab users’ interest. A virtual bulletin board that allows users to discover recipes, plan a wedding, plan a baby shower, decorate a home and so much more.
On the business side, Pinterest has recognized the importance of businesses using their platform. Pinterest feels that “content from businesses plays a major role in helping people pursue their interests. We want Pins from businesses to be among the best you see on Pinterest.”
When Pinning content to a business account it is important to consider a few things (as outlined by Pinterest):
What is the primary goal for this Pin?
- What does your brand value?
- What is your brand’s persona?
- What makes your brand unique?
- How do you want people to feel after interacting with your brand?
- What do you want people to remember about your brand?
Taking into consideration the above, Pins should also be helpful, beautiful and actionable.
Helpful – Pins should be useful and also informative.
Beautiful – Pins should be compelling.
Actionable – Pins should help users take actions on their interests.
Pinterest has outlined how to achieve these goals. They have created How-To guides describing exactly how to make a Pin helpful, beautiful and actionable.
It is so much more than Pinning a picture with a link to your website. If you want to take full advantage of Pinterest and grab attention from its users, making your Pins attractive and providing as much information as possible along with a link to more information is crucial.
Take a look at the Slide Show below for more information about how your business should be creating Pins.
This article was syndicated from Business 2 Community: Win Pinterest by Making Great Pins
More Digital & Social articles from Business 2 Community:
- 81% of Websites Might Be Affected By Google’s New Mobile-Friendly Algorithm (Infographic)
- “The Kate Effect” – A Look at the Social Data Behind a Royal Fashion Phenomenon
- Here’s How To Save Time on Your Social Media Marketing
- 5 Major Ways To Protect Your Online Reputation Using SEO And Social Media
- 4 Lessons Game of Thrones Can Teach You About Email Marketing