While Facebook has over a billion users on their network, the majority of them are just looking to share status updates and see what’s going on with their friends. Another major social network that has massive reach and is focused on actually connecting employees, businesses and getting work done is LinkedIn.
With another year under it’s belt, it’s time to take a look at some of the amazing numbers behind one of the most effective ways for growing your resume and connecting with real business people that can actually improve your career and ROI.
Let’s first take a look at LinkedIn’s global reach.
- Total number of LinkedIn groups is now more than 1.5 million
- LinkedIn users are now spread across over 200 countries and territories
- The total number of LinkedIn users is quickly surpassing the 200 million mark
How are people using LinkedIn?
- The average user spends 17 minutes monthly on LinkedIn
- 27% of visitors to LinkedIn are accessing it through their mobile device
- Average endorsements per LinkedIn user? 5… How many do you have?
- There are over 2.7 million LinkedIn business pages on their network
Now let’s look at the big money and connections being made!
- LinkedIn spent $119 million to purchase Slideshare!
- There are now over 1 BILLION endorsements through LinkedIn
- Over 75,000 developers are now using LinkedIn, and over 3,700 employees
Special thanks to SubmitEdge for the infographic.
LinkedIn Statistics 2013 (Infographic)
More Social articles from Business 2 Community: