Here is a quick word puzzle. How many mobility acronyms can you find?
Keeping Up With Mobility Acronyms
If you are trying to keep up with mobility acronyms, here is a quick guide:
- CoIT – Consumerzation of IT – Analysts are calling this one of the most transformational trends to impact IT in the last few years. Consumer technology is making its way into the enterprise. Employees expect the same consumer-grade user experience that they get on their personal devices.
- BYOD – Bring-Your-Own-Device – Driven by the consumerization trend, many IT departments are now formally rolling out BYOD policies to achieve higher worker productivity and employee satisfaction. 59% of companies plan to roll out a BYOD policy for smartphones and tablets. BYOA (bring-your-own-app) and BYOC (Bring-your-own-Cloud) refer to employees’ use of personal mobile apps and cloud services in the enterprise.
- MDM – Mobile Device Management –MDM is a set of tools to securely onboard and manage mobile devices, enforce compliance, and control access to corporate data networks. With MDM, companies can remote wipe or lock lost and stolen devices to protect sensitive data.
- MAM – Mobile Application Management –With MAM in place, enterprises can take more control by distributing enterprise-sanctioned apps to employees. Gartner predicts by 2017, 25% of enterprises will have a corporate enterprise app store for mobile app distribution.
- MCM – Mobile Content Management – If your enterprise does not offer employees a secure way to share corporate data, they are probably using one of the unsecured alternatives like Dropbox, Box or iCloud. MCM protects corporate data from leakage and theft. More than 50% of surveyed companies have had sensitive corporate data stolen from insecure devices!
- EMM – Enterprise Mobility Management – End-to-end management of the full mobility lifecycle including devices, data and apps. A comprehensive EMM solution includes Mobile Device Management to secure corporate and employee devices, Mobile Content Management to secure corporate data, and Mobile App Management to configure and distribute mobile apps to employees.
- MADP – Mobile Application Development Platform – a comprehensive platform that lets organizations build native, web or hybrid mobile apps for their employees, customers or partners for `most dominant mobile operating systems. Gartner coined this term to replace both MEAP (Mobile Enterprise App Platform) and MCAP (Mobile Consumer App Platform).
Learn more from SAP Mobile experts at SAPPHIRE Orlando on May 14-16.
More Tech articles from Business 2 Community: