What Government Forms Do I Need New Employees to Fill Out?

    By | Small Business

    The key government forms you must have signed by each new employee are:

    • IRS Form W-4: Each employee must complete this form for the company to determine the appropriate level of tax withholding. The form is available online at
    • INS Form I-9: This form is required by the United States Immigration & Naturalization Service. It is intended to prevent aliens from working in a place of business if they are not properly documented. It is available online at the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Web site.

    More from
    Subscribe to our mailing list
    * indicates required
    Small Business Services