By Phillip Thune, Textbroker
Influencers, advocates, ambassadors – oh my! Who are these digital people and what does it mean for your public image? Let me explain.
Influencers in the context of marketing are people that have influence with a larger audience. They are social media gurus, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube fanatics, and online thought leaders with a big following. Influencers create buzz about your products and services when they publish content about your company because they have a built-in audience and a trusted relationship with their followers. Working with influencers gets you noticed quickly with niche audiences that you may not have been able to reach with traditional marketing activities.
Advocates are people that have a relationship with your brand and actively promote your products and services. They love your products and freely profess that love to their community – both online and off. When you find your advocates, you can build an online army that will advocate your products and get their community to do the same.
Ambassadors are influencers or advocates that actively work with the brand on brand campaigns. These are people that work in conjunction with the brand to promote marketing and PR campaigns. Usually, they are incented by the brand for their promotions with cash, product, or special recognition. Ambassadors are great because they are advocates that work directly on brand campaigns.
How can you work with these digital folks to help your public image?
Savvy brands are constantly looking to engage with their consumers online. That means that they are working with influencers, advocates, and ambassadors alike to create programs that get people talking about their products. Here is a five step outline for how to get started:
- Build an influencer program – identify people that are influential in your industry and ask them to publish content that is positive about your brand
- Create an advocate army – find out who your brand advocates are and create an online community where they can interact with your brand, receive discounts, and participate in giveaways
- Start an ambassador program – invite your most influential influencers and advocates to work directly with your brand on special programs
- Provide great content to your network – make sure that you provide your influencers, advocates, and ambassadors with great content to share with their networks including interesting facts that are fun to share
- Maintain the relationships – none of these programs will work if you don’t actively create a mutually beneficial relationship for all involved. It is crucial to give these people recognition for helping you promote your brand. It can be as simple as a thank you email or as elaborate as a trip to company headquarters. Just make sure that you show your appreciation for all of their work!
By working with influencers, advocates, and ambassadors you can create and distribute great content, which is a great way to improve your brand awareness and public image.
About the author, Phillip Thune
At Textbroker, Mr. Thune is the CEO-Americas, responsible for growth and strategy. Prior to Textbroker, Mr. Thune was the CEO of HireMeNow.com and President of MIVA (previously FindWhat.com), where he helped grow the company from 35 employees and $500,000 in annual revenue to 500 employees and nearly $200 million in five years, raise over $34 million dollars, acquire five businesses for a total of $230 million, and achieve a market capitalization of over $700 million.
Textbroker is the leading internet platform for on-demand, unique written content, delivering tens of thousands of items per month to its client base. Textbroker.com offers custom U.S. English content creation from 100,000 U.S.-based freelance authors. Textbroker’s other websites offer custom content from professional, native-speaking authors in German (textbroker.de), French (textbroker.fr), UK English (textbroker.co.uk), Spanish (textbroker.es) and Dutch (textbroker.nl). Textbroker is backed, in part, by Viewpoint Capital Partners, a €200 million private equity firm. More information is available at www.textbroker.com.
Looking for broad online syndication of your content? iReach from PR Newswire can help. Click here to find out more.