With American Airlines and US Airways merger under review by the U.S. Department of Justice, the $11 billion deal could create the nations biggest airline, putting it ahead of United Airlines and Delta Airlines.
This will impact consumers in several ways; frequent flier miles acceptance from both companies, changes in customer service, more flights and perhaps higher prices due to less competition. However consumers will likely see fewer changes, as it will take time to complete.
This infographic looks at how United, Delta and American Airline compare in customer service based on their interactions with consumers on social media. American Airlines responds nearly twice as much as the bigger airlines.
American Airlines is nearly twice as fast as United and Delta with respect to response time. If American Airlines is able to maintain this social media customer service lead after the possible merger, the new company will not just be the biggest in terms of revenues but also in the social media customer service leaderboard
The Battle for Supremacy in Social Media Customer Service AA vs Delta vs United
More Social articles from Business 2 Community:
- 5 Insights Into The Latest Social Media Facts, Figures and Statistics
- Slow and Steady Wins the Social Media Race
- How to Host Pinterest Competitions Across Multiple International Markets Nissan Europe Case Study
- 50 Quirky Facts About Cars [Infographic]
- How Social Media Can Really Help Writers / Bloggers