• FirefoxInstall the new Firefox »
    United States


    Do you get a tax credit for being a full time college student?

    I work full time and go to school full time and I was wondering if I will get any type of tax break. That and can I use things such as buying a computer for credit also.
    4 months ago 4 Answers

    Best Answer

    Chosen by Asker
    Possibly, if you pay the expenses and they aren't covered by scholarship or grant. Look up Form 8863 at www.irs.gov for particulars.
    a few seconds ago

    Other Answers

    • you have some education credits you can use, there is Hope, Lifetime and the New Opportunity Credit

      by tro - 7 hours ago

    • I draw SSI from the state of NC. I went to school full time last year on student aid.. Do I get a tax credit for this in the form of a refund ?

      by L C - 7 hours ago

    • You will get Education Credit based on the rule of Hope credit. You should use form 1098T and put the info on line 49. The problem if you received Scholarship amount, this may considered by the IRS as income which will increase your income, thus decreese your refund if any.

      by Tax Chopper - 7 hours ago

    Recommended Articles

    Yahoo Small Business Services