How do I find out what my adjusted gross income was on last year's tax return?

I need to know this so I can finish filing my taxes. My tax records for last year were lost when I moved. Can I find this info online? Thanks!

5 years ago - 6 answers

Best Answer

Chosen by Asker

Call 1-800-829-1040. Wait for a live person to answer. they will ask a couple of security questions and give you your agi for 2007. I have had many clients online call and get the agi. It did not take them very long.

Christine EA Master Tax Advisor

This advice was prepared based on our understanding of the tax law in effect at the time it was written as it applies to the facts that you provided.

5 years ago

Other Answers


by taz1000 - 5 years ago

You have to call the IRS and they will give it to you after you answer their millions of security questions.

by xonlywishesx - 5 years ago

If you filed electronically, then the preparer (such as taxcut) may have it. Otherwise, go to the IRS's website and ask for a summary to be sent to you. It takes a couple of weeks. You might also be able to call them (IRS) and ask them to look it up for you.

Another option is to check with your state - very often the federal AGI is recorded with them.

Last resort - if none of these suit you - is to simply print out the return and file it on paper. You won't get your refund as quickly, though.

by Lauren F - 5 years ago

No you can't get it online. You can either call the IRS or request a copy or transcript of your return. If you had a paid preparer do your taxes last year, you might be able to get a copy from them but they can charge you for it. Or you can file by mail instead of efiling - then you don't need your AGI from last year.

by Judy1 - 5 years ago

You can call into the IRS to get some of the numbers, or you can request an actual copy of your past year's return.


by Byrne H - 5 years ago