- A firefighter’s plan to save lives and employ brothers Yahoo! Small Business Advisor
- Customer and Market Research – Necessary but Overlooked steps for the Entrepreneur Yahoo! Small Business Advisor
- 4 Secrets to Firing Your First Employee Entrepreneur
- Advisory Board 101: How to Get Advisors to Say Yes Entrepreneur
Starting a dog training business?
I'm wondering if anyone can let me know if I'm missing any legal info to start my business:
- Become an LLC
- Business License
- Insurance (small business)?
- Secure release/contract for all trainers coming to our business
Zoning is not an issue. Anything obviously missing? Thanks so much. :)
Forgot to add federal taxes. Anyone have any advice on how that works initially?
Liability insurance. If someone slips and falls. If someone gets bitten. If a dog gets injured.
Attorney. While you don't have to have one on retainer, it's good to have all your ducks in a row, especially if you plan on operating this on your own property. You don't want to co-mingle ANYTHING. They should also be helping you ensure that all the documents you have cover you in your state and county. Legal Zoom is great, but they can only do so much.