- Customer Support Is as Easy as 1, 2, 3 Entrepreneur
- YEC Member Spotlight: Arvand Sabetian, Founder/CEO, Arvixe Young Entrepreneur Council
There is an existing product I want to manufacture (under my own name/logo), how do I go about doing this?
There is a new company (one year old) currently manufacturing a product that is new to its market and has no competition (at the moment). I think the product is a good idea and would like to manufacture a similar product with my name/logo. Is this possible? If so, how can I go about doing this?
There is the possibility of licensing the design and then manufacturing and selling it. But you must get the license and distribution/sales territory worked out in writing with the current manufacturer to avoid costly problems down the road.
It should be a friendly negotiation. But these are the things you need to address;
- Royalty payment for the license - per unit, based on sales, monthly fees for a period of time, etc.
- Territory - Where are you allowed to sell the units you manufacture under your agreement?
- Pricing - You must agree on a minimum price and probably should agree on a reseller discount maximum so you don't conflict on channels in this global marketplace.
Source(s):1 year ago
Depends what rights you would be infringing by doing so.by Jo W - 1 year ago