- This Week In Tech: Google, Heartbleed (Again), Yahoo, And Volvo Business 2 Community
Questions to ask an entrepreneur?
Hey... I have to conduct an interview with an entrepreneur and i need some good questions.. right now i have:
Why did start the business?
When did you start the business?
It all depends on who the entrepreneur is, the focus of the interview, and what you want to learn about the entrepreneur. Questions for a home-based entrepreneur who started his/her business on a shoestring is different from questions for an entrepreneur who got VC financing for his venture.
But here are some basic questions you can ask:
- What inspired you to start this business?
- How and where did you get this idea for a business? What need did you see?
- If this business is similar to other businesses (e.g. clothing line), then how different is this business from the others? What makes this business stand out from the rest?
- How did you finance the business?
- How difficult was it to get investors? How did you find investors for your business?
- What are your marketing strategies for this business?
- How are you managing your time?
- What was the most difficult part of starting the business?
- What are your expectations for the future with regards to this business?
- What lessons do you give other entrepreneurs?
It really depends on what you want to know about the entrepreneur
the best question is "Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years etc. from now?"
What are the qualification to get where you are?