I forgot to enter 1 w2 and I already filed my fed/state taxes do I have to file the 1040x?

I e-filed my taxes via turbotax and I forgot about one w2 that I just received in mail.
my state and fed taxes have been received by the IRS but I have not submitted the signature form (8453-OL) for the federal taxes. If I don’t submit the 8453-OL can I redo my taxes and re-e/file and not have to do the 1040X?

6 years ago - 1 answers

Best Answer

Chosen by Asker

Ithink that would creat confusion. If you have a refund coming, I would submit the 8453, wait for your refund, and then file a 1040X, it's not that hard.

6 years ago