- A firefighter’s plan to save lives and employ brothers Yahoo! Small Business Advisor
- Customer and Market Research – Necessary but Overlooked steps for the Entrepreneur Yahoo! Small Business Advisor
- 4 Secrets to Firing Your First Employee Entrepreneur
- Advisory Board 101: How to Get Advisors to Say Yes Entrepreneur
Is it always difficult to sell things on eBay or is it just me?
What am I doing wrong?
I am a full time ebay clothing seller, and I have been doing this for 3 years.
1) Your photos are mostly bad. You can lay the item on a white sheet. You do not need a bunch of stuff in the background or printed backgrounds.
In your listings you need:
Material content (100% Cotton, for example)
Describe the item, as in any details, buttons, hooks, sleeve length, if it is stretchy, etc.
Describe the condition. Does it have wash wear? Piling? Snags? Scuffs? Stains? Does it look Excellent, great, good, or poor?
You need MEASUREMENTS!!!! For tops you should at least have the bust and length.
For bottoms you should have waist, hips, inseam, and rise
For shoes you need to measure from heel to toe.
Your prices are far, far too high for what you are selling. Please check out the "sold" and "completed" items like yours to see what they will likely sell for.
Your shipping rats are WAY to high. You have $4.80 shipping for a tiny t-shirt that likely weights about 4oz. This can be shipped 1st class for around $2.
I rarely ever sell Aero or Abercrombie because they bring in pennies on ebay because there is so much of those brands listed. The only things from those brands that sell for decent amounts are brand new, with tag items that are currently still in stores (aka this season's items.)
Good luck! You can make a TON of money selling clothes on ebay if you do it right!
Source(s):1 year ago
I don't see any sizes on any of your items, or anything.. And I believe you're asking to much for Aeropostale items, because they're very cheap, and basically cost just as much as you ask for. People won't pay for over priced items, espically when they're used!by Lauren - 1 year ago