Does State Farm Good Student discount use your weighted or unweighted GPA?
My parents are going to get my insurance and one of the Good Student discount qualifications says a 3.0 or a B grade Average.
I have a 2.9483GPA (Unweighted) and 3.3GPA (Weighted) If anyone out there has had this discount, which GPA do they count? and do they round GPA?
Unless it's changed since I retired, State Farm will allow your weighted GPA to count as long as you meet the other requirements for the discount.
They do not round.
The Good Student Discount applies to all unmarried operators under 25 years of age and at least 16 years of age who are full-time students in high school or at a college or university, and the scholastic records for the immediately preceding school semester or quarter show that this student attended full time and meets at least one of the following:
* Ranked scholastically in the upper 20% of his or her class.
* Had a grade average of B or higher.
* Had a grade point average of 3.0 (out of 4.0) or higher.
* Was included on the Dean's List or Honor Roll.
* This discount applies to insureds who have graduated from a 3 or 4 year college or university and has a cumulative scholastic record meeting the above requirements.
Keep up the good work!
Source(s):6 years ago