33. A bank statement includes:
A. A list of outstanding checks.
B. A list of petty cash amounts.
C. The beginning and the ending balance of the depositor's account.
D. A listing of deposits in transit.
E. All of these.
35. Which of the following events would cause a bank to debit a depositor's account?
A. The depositor authorizes the bank to charge the depositor's account $50 for new checks.
B. The bank collects a note receivable and related interest on the depositor's behalf.
C. The depositor determines there are outstanding checks drawn on the account at month-end.
D. The depositor determines there are deposits in transit on the account at month-end.
E. The bank determines it incorrectly charged the depositor's account twice for the monthly service charge in a previous month.
37. A check that was outstanding on last period's bank reconciliation was not among the cancelled checks returned by the bank this period. As a result, in preparing this period's reconciliation, the amount of this check should be:
A. Added to the book balance of cash.
B. Deducted from the book balance of cash.
C. Added to the bank balance of cash.
D. Deducted from the bank balance of cash.
E. Ignored in preparing the period's bank reconciliation.
38. If a check correctly written and paid by the bank for $794 is incorrectly recorded in the company's books for $749, how should this error be treated on the bank reconciliation?
A. Subtract $45 from the bank's balance.
B. Add $45 to the bank's balance.
C. Subtract $45 from the book balance.
D. Add $45 to the book balance.
E. Subtract $45 from the bank's balance and add $45 to the book's balance.
39. The Cash Over and Short account:
A. Is used to record a credit balance in the cash account.
B. Is an income statement account used for recording the income effects of cash overages and cash shortages from errors in making change and/or from errors in processing petty cash transactions.
C. Is not necessary in a computerized accounting system.
D. Can never have a debit balance.
E. Can never have a credit balance.
40. At the end of the day, the cash register's record shows $1,250, but the count of cash in the cash register is $1,245. The correct entry to record the cash sales is
Cash over and short....5
Cash over and short...5
E. Cash over and short...5
a few seconds ago 1 Answer