Facebook events are seeing more upgrades than ever before. With the added ability to upload a Facebook Event cover image, you can now make your events more appealing and eye catching. But before you start creating your banner image, you may want to optimize the graphic first so its thumbnail displays correctly across the platform.
Adding a Facebook Cover image is relatively easy, however, when it comes to optimizing your event image to display in ads or as a page post you can run into a few problems.
Creating an optimized photo does takes extra time that you may not want to spend, however as you’ll see in the examples below the results will look polished, more professional, and show your fans you care about their experience with your page.
1) Log into your Facebook page/business page.
2) Create a new Facebook event and filling in dates, times, and description. *Note: You can navigate to www.facebook.com/PAGENAME/events to easily access and create events.*
3) Once your event is created locate the “Add Event Photo” at the top right corner of your new event page.
4) Follow the examples below to create an optimized Facebook Event cover photo to display correctly across the platform.
Take this image for example, here’s what the cover photo looks like when uploaded:
As page post:
Displayed on Timeline:
Displayed as Facebook Ad:
Displayed in Facebook Events Tab
I found this very helpful template from another social media blogger, Michael Curry, who provides an excellent example on his Facebook page:
Facebook has focused more attention on events which is great news! But they failed to include the best practices regarding the right dimensions to have your event cover image thumbnail display properly across the platform.
When you take the time to optimize your Facebook Event cover photo, you not only make the event more visually appealing but it puts a much more professional polish to your page.
More Social articles from Business 2 Community:
- Best Practices for Twitter Marketing and Lead Generation
- Increasing B2B Leads with Social Media – Are We Getting Close to Cracking the Code?
- 39 Awesome Tools and Resources for Blogging and Social Media Marketing
- Get the Most Out of Your Social Video Marketing
- 10 Amazing Examples of Branded Facebook Contests Done Right