6 Important Factors for Getting from Where You Are To Where You Want To Be
Sometimes life knocks you on your ass…
Happiness is not the absence of problems,
it’s the ability to deal with them.
Dr. Joe Vitale, a motivational speaker and author, is quoted as saying, ”the fastest way to get where you want is to be happy with where you are.” Believe it or not, this mindset is actually effective. It may take making some changes and soul searching on your part, but in the end, it will be more than worth the effort to adopt this positive mentality.
While you should work to make your dreams come true, concentrate, also, on yourself and on your journey. When you spend less time wishing things were different than they actually are, and more time accepting what you already have, you will fine that a sense of peace and happiness already exist right where you are.
Become who you want to be right now! How?
1. Feel gratitude. When you concentrate on the bigger picture, it is much easier to exhibit feelings of gratitude. When you are grateful, you remain positive and appreciative of every joyful moment in life.
* Sometimes people get too caught up in a sense of entitlement, which leads to negative feelings. Concentrating on gratitude, instead, will get you where you desire.
2. Be optimistic. Some say that life is all about optimism. And it’s true! An optimistic attitude is one of the few things you need to succeed.
* If you’re trying to achieve a concrete goal, optimism will help you accomplish it. * If you’re trying to change your mindset, optimism will make the task easier. * Optimism can be the driving force that keeps you going.
3. Exhibit the traits you desire. It was Gandhi who said that you should be the change you want to see in the world. With these wise words in mind, you can replace wanting with some bold action. With some persistence and perseverance, you can make it happen.
4. Adopt a prosperous mindset. Take a moment to determine what prosperity means to you. Are you hoping for money, a fulfilling career, or a relationship that lasts a lifetime? Know what you want, then adopt the right mindset. Once you do, you’ve then set yourself in the right direction toward your goals.
5. Find the silver lining. As you go through life, you will no doubt realize that things are not always going to go your way. But even in tough times you need to keep your chin up. Instead of allowing negativity to consume your life, seek out the silver lining. This fresh attitude can be the difference between being held hostage and achieving your goals.
6. Take small steps. When the place you’re going seems far away and unachievable, it’s important to break it down into small steps. Give yourself an achievable goal with a realistic time frame. Break that one down into smaller goals.
* When you avoid getting overwhelmed, you’ll gain the confidence to persevere.
You’re Already There
It’s a good idea to practice one of these tips at a time until you’ve incorporated them into your life. Perhaps you can spend a week perfecting one strategy and, then the next week, add another one to your repertoire while continuing with the first one. Soon enough, you’ll be a natural at all of them!
Once you choose a powerful and positive mindset, you’ll find that you’ve already achieved much of what you want. Just remember: You already have the traits, mindset, and lifestyle you desire, and you know that success is inevitable, but only when you have the will to break through the obstacles in your mind!Photo Credit: [phil h] via Compfight cc
More Business articles from Business 2 Community:
- Doritos Wins The #SuperBowl With Perfect Content Marketing
- Four Tips to Improve Project Management Effectiveness
- Top 6 Percent of Creative & Digital Marketing Agencies Say 'You' Instead of 'I'
- 4 Reasons Your Startup Needs an Animated Video
- “Before & After”: How Digital Marketing Has Changed The Way We All Do Business